Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Honda should have optional 14" rims with that kit. Then it would look even sweeter. Just ghey...

bloo_ep3
    this factory spoiler, is it a replica of the type-r or a replica of the mugen spoiler?

ephatch member
    the OEM wing looks alittle smaller than the CTR wing to me somehow... or is it just me? any one know?

Originally posted by bloo_ep3
    this factory spoiler, is it a replica of the type-r or a replica of the mugen spoiler?
    If it's not identical, it's pretty damn close to the Type-R wing.

wing is nice, but the rest is really gross the sideskirts are ok, but to me that front bumper is simply hideous

This kit is basically the Mugen Prototype Si w/o the wheel well flares ,carbon fiber and center exhuast that's been on the car show circuit.It's a cheaper looking copy especially with the cut out for the Si exh.tips and a less refine look than the CTR.The Honda CTR rear spoiler cost around $700 so I doubt the kit will be $500.$2,OOO is more likely.The rubber moulding is probably for noise and paint wear.IMO they designed it too thick looking that's why most of you don't like it and has that iron clad look.
    Last edited by Silvershadow; 07-07-2003 at 12:10 AM.

First of all, alot of thanks to BMX for all this effort, if you ever come down here in Santa monica, give me a PM, I'll buy you a drink.:D

The kit is quite ugly. It totally destroys the flow of the lines in the car.

The wings are a different story though, I will pay extra cash for a spoiler with oem fitting and quality.

Any info on the pricing (of the spoiler)?

Important to know that this individual part is NOT available as of yet but will be later so keep trying your dealer.. !!!!

I am not a very patient person... Guys here is the canadian part number for the wing in white. 08F02-S5T-370

There are part numbers for vivid blue and silver but I am one that would rather have someone color match my cars paint.. This is why the whites are different on the cars in the picture.. auto shops blend so it matches......

BIG THANKS TO NIGEL at HondaWay for his help..

Craig

Last edited by XLR8B4U; 07-07-2003 at 09:13 AM.

YO! The kit look similiar to the Honda concept Si. but I like the concept like 1000 times more. The kit look find to me, I like the wing, the skirts, and the rear bumper (when it is drop). I'll get the mugen lip when it comes out this summer.
    BTW thanks for the pictures

remote cousin of ae86 tony speed's Avatar
    why does it look like none of the pieces really fit the car? The all look like they weren't make for the car in the first place. And the reflectors/signals make it look even more out-of-place....The rear bumper would be cool if it fit and if the reflectors were gone. i'll stick with the type-r kit.

i dig the wing, its a definate buy. i wouldnt mind the kit if it actually blended into the body lines and wasnt sooo bulky. but i think im still definately going type-r conversion. although there was another post on ephatch wher this guy recorded an event and there was an SIR i think with a prototype type-R kit for the SI, i think its the second post on ephatch and someone in that post took pics of the event and added the link to the pics. but that kit doesnt look bad at all, i think that would be option #2 instead of this kit......but i think its fiberglass though.

Ya, That was me. :) I took pictures of a prototype kit. I will find out more details soon, as it is going to final production soon. The pictures are available on k-series.com , http://www.k-series.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=200 enjoy.

yea let us know what the deal is with that kit, that would be a major asset to those of us that wish for a cheaper alternative than actual JDM......it would buy me some time aniehow...........

Wow the first ever Ep to Toyota Matrix conversion kit!!!!!:D
    Just joking. Anyway bmx Whats the word on the fiber glass CTR replica lip kit hope they didnt kill it:(

OOOOppppsss:o sorry forgot to look up at the earlier post!!!!
    I still dont take back that Toyota Matrix thing!!!!:D
    Last edited by KimchiBoy_TypeR; 07-11-2003 at 02:45 AM.

ephatch member
    yucky

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information