Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Talking KW Installed! Pics inside!!!

Install went VERY smooth! Started around 2pm, and finished up around 4:30ish. Half shaft on right side was the only one to pop out but was caught and imediatley put back in place. We took extra care in assuring that we didnt run into that head ache. Hint: when wheel is off, use a jack stand to support the WHEEL LUG NUT. The half saft only poped out when removing the OEM strut, but like I said we cought it, so no biggie.
    Rears are a bitch because you are fighting the new strut to get it in place. Hint: have someone step on brake caliper to push rear end assy down while the big ass bolt is put into place. The rears are the hardest to adjust. The fronts are easy!
    My camber is WAY fucked up. My tire pressure is fucked up. I had the OEM tires at 34psi up front and now they are at 37.5psi! Its like driving on a wet sponge! The ride is no where near dialed in so a review of the kit will be in about a week.
    Now for the pics!
    Here is the installed front

Everything bolts up perfectly!

Tire gap

This is what the front spring looks like. The bottom one is completely compressed. Is this normal?

Well thats all for now kids, more to come and a full review once the alignment is done (thursday) and new wheel/tires are on!

Don't know in this case if it's normal for that spring to be compressed. The instructions to my H&R's mentioned "dead coils" that apparently are supposed to do that for fitment reasons (I think). I'm sure KW can tell you for sure. Install looks great! Top quality!

Hey guys, looks great!

The lower spring is called the helper or tender spring, and is designed to keep the upper spring seated at all times, especially when the wheel is fully extended.

It is perfectly normal for this to be completely compressed like this.

You can imagine what kind of damage you could do if the spring came unseated and was bouncing around in there ;) (no Im not going to mention any other products eh eh eh :D )

Dont forget to watch super 2nr tv on saturday or if you miss it, sunday next week for the segment on the KW Germany Factory Tour!!!

Originally posted by Glen@KW
    Hey guys, looks great!

The lower spring is called the helper or tender spring, and is designed to keep the upper spring seated at all times, especially when the wheel is fully extended.

It is perfectly normal for this to be completely compressed like this.

You can imagine what kind of damage you could do if the spring came unseated and was bouncing around in there ;) (no Im not going to mention any other products eh eh eh :D )

Dont forget to watch super 2nr tv on saturday or if you miss it, sunday next week for the segment on the KW Germany Factory Tour!!!
    i believe the helper spring (or to be seated at full extension) is a requirement in some european countries...

Cool.
    I need an alignment BAD!!!:'(

Thumbs up

very cool pics, looks like a great quality product

ephatch member
    very nice, congratulations. I know it's not dialed in yet, but since the compression damping isn't adjustable, can you let us know how it feels when you hit bumps? is it harsh?

Speaking of alignment here's an article about DIYing it. I havent tried this yet, but I've got all the stuff needed in my garage.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=267237

ephatch member
    good link.

Originally posted by 02-sir
    very nice, congratulations. I know it's not dialed in yet, but since the compression damping isn't adjustable, can you let us know how it feels when you hit bumps? is it harsh?
    Well from my 5mi. ride home it was definatley more "agressive" than stock. Our stock setup has like Three coils, and the new one is like 10. Harsh, I wouldn't say that. Riding on wet sponges cuz my front tires have alot of positive camber, YES!:p

Sweet, get an alignment and toss on the Zigens:D

Originally posted by EP33
    Sweet, get an alignment and toss on the Zigens:D
    Im looking forward to the Pirelli ruber!:p

ephatch member
    Originally posted by greenguy

Well from my 5mi. ride home it was definatley more "agressive" than stock. Our stock setup has like Three coils, and the new one is like 10. Harsh, I wouldn't say that. Riding on wet sponges cuz my front tires have alot of positive camber, YES!:p
    LOL. good luck with the setup, let us know how it turns out!

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Looks great! What exactly has to be done about the steering arm? I heard it needs to be re-located? Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about...
    Hey I have an idea once you get the allignment settled and your new rubber put on: Take it for a cruise up to Canyon Lake.
    I did this with my father's Boxster S and it was really kick ass fun :p ! Its all twisties up and down the mountain and the scenery is just awesome. If I remember correctly the main road to the lake is Rt. 88 or aka the Apache Trail.

Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
    Looks great! What exactly has to be done about the steering arm? I heard it needs to be re-located? Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about...
    Hey I have an idea once you get the allignment settled and your new rubber put on: Take it for a cruise up to Canyon Lake.
    I did this with my father's Boxster S and it was really kick ass fun :p ! Its all twisties up and down the mountain and the scenery is just awesome. If I remember correctly the main road to the lake is Rt. 88 or aka the Apache Trail.
    Alright, get your ass down here in say...Nov. and we have some seriuos driving to do!:D Hell if you want to make it interesting we go up to Cliffton and have a great drive along old HWY 666! Fuckin insaine roads!
    As far as relocating anything I am not sure whats invalved if anything about that.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information