Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ok, played around with different hights, and tire pressures today, and so far I like em:). Stock tires HAVE TO GO!

I have to admit, I wish I had known about these and I would have bought them instead. I like the idea of a full coilovers setup...nice job.

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    I have to admit, I wish I had known about these and I would have bought them instead. I like the idea of a full coilovers setup...nice job.
    Tanx!
    I just cant wait until I get them dialed in. And that whole thing (read: myth) about settling, how long will that take?

from my understanding, settling in is really a myth. There isn't such a thing. Basically just driver around for 10 minutes for it to "settle" in, meaning to get readjusted to the change in the drop, etc. Like, when I raise or lower my car, I have to drive it down the block and back to get it to settle back to where it should be, so then I can make more adjustments if needed.

ephatch member

Thumbs up

nice product, nice pics

from my understanding, settling in is really a myth. There isn't such a thing. Basically just driver around for 10 minutes for it to "settle" in, meaning to get readjusted to the change in the drop, etc. Like, when I raise or lower my car, I have to drive it down the block and back to get it to settle back to where it should be, so then I can make more adjustments if needed.
    02 is right. The only settling that shoud really occur is any rubber bushings (usually factory spring seats and upper bearings).

Here is my take on the myth, being part of the industry.

In the past, and with some spring manufacturers their springs have a tendancy to sag to a certain extent, because they are not blocked and pre set. Some low tech and smaller spring winders do not do this.

To set your mind at ease, here is the description of the springs we use striaght from our dealer package.

"All KW Sport Springs are created using High Grade Chrime Silicium Steel that has been cold wound then heat treated, ball blasted, shot peened and strengthened. Each spring is pre set to avoid sagging, and then coated in KW brilliant yellow.

The KW Sport Springs are Made In Germany to exacting DIN ISO 9002 standards that guarantee OEM+ quality."

Hope this helps!:D
    Last edited by Glen@KW; 07-06-2003 at 03:36 PM.

Originally posted by Glen@KW

02 is right. The only settling that shoud really occur is any rubber bushings (usually factory spring seats and upper bearings).

Here is my take on the myth, being part of the industry.

In the past, and with some spring manufacturers their springs have a tendancy to sag to a certain extent, because they are not blocked and pre set. Some low tech and smaller spring winders do not do this.

To set your mind at ease, here is the description of the springs we use striaght from our dealer package.

"All KW Sport Springs are created using High Grade Chrime Silicium Steel that has been cold wound then heat treated, ball blasted, shot peened and strengthened. Each spring is pre set to avoid sagging, and then coated in KW brilliant yellow.

The KW Sport Springs are Made In Germany to exacting DIN ISO 9002 standards that guarantee OEM+ quality."

Hope this helps!:D
    I just might buy these and sell my konis :D

ephatch member
    can this car be slammed to no wheel gap?

Originally posted by SiBoy
    can this car be slammed to no wheel gap?
    I wouldn't doubt it could...and I wouldn't do it :D

ephatch member
    Why wouldnt u do it? Scraping?

ephatch member
    Oops what i meant was, can the coil overs be slammed to no wheel gap, sorry

I have just a tad more than a finger gap on mine. And that's as far as I'd go. It's bad on any shock to do that on a daily driver. I feel bad about how low I am right now. Oh well. :D

It depends on your wheel tire combo. If your car is stock, here is how you measure to see how low you can go from your stock position on your current wheel setup.

The max drop is 2.6" lower than stock. To see where this will get you, check out a stock EP and make sure that the vehicle is on level ground.

Measure from the center of the wheel hub to the inside of the top of the fender well as in the diagram below. Take this measurement (marked as B in the diagram).

Then take out the 2.6" and you can see how low you can get your car!

I have just a tad more than a finger gap on mine. And that's as far as I'd go. It's bad on any shock to do that on a daily driver. I feel bad about how low I am right now. Oh well. :D
    This is true if the shock is like most on the market, designed as a stock replacement. KW shocks are designed to operate within the lowering range that we specify (1.4
    Last edited by Glen@KW; 07-06-2003 at 09:42 PM.

KW

I like the corrosion test posted on your website. That is almost the only thing (besides price) that kept me away from coil overs. I could see them eventually becoming non-adjustable after some weathering. Looks like your shi* holds up well in the elements.

I just might buy these and sell my konis
    :D

Re: KW

Originally posted by EP33
    I like the corrosion test posted on your website. That is almost the only thing (besides price) that kept me away from coil overs. I could see them eventually becoming non-adjustable after some weathering. Looks like your shi* holds up well in the elements.

:D
    Thanks. I have seen my fair share of corrosion issues, and I feel the same way. Coilovers are an investment, and should last.

For more background on our company, check out an artical that has been posted on VW Vortex.

KW Unplugged

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information