Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    ephatch member
    Yeah that spring perch is awesome on mine, I was scared because I only got one of those spring perch wrenches, but then I looked at the spring perch and it had a hex locking bolt built into it... much easier than my friend's dual locking perchs...

I'll measure from the control arm when I get a chance, but if you are remeasuring, take a measurement looking straight on from exactly where the spring sits, to where the threads stop... that's where I measured, 1 1/2" front, 1" back.... Or if you take other measurements fill me in to compare, I'm just not around my car till later today.

Damper settings?

Originally posted by Ocelaris
    Yeah that spring perch is awesome on mine, I was scared because I only got one of those spring perch wrenches, but then I looked at the spring perch and it had a hex locking bolt built into it... much easier than my friend's dual locking perchs...

I'll measure from the control arm when I get a chance, but if you are remeasuring, take a measurement looking straight on from exactly where the spring sits, to where the threads stop... that's where I measured, 1 1/2" front, 1" back.... Or if you take other measurements fill me in to compare, I'm just not around my car till later today.

Damper settings?
    Well Had my camber done today and the car is AWESOME!!!
    Damper is one full turn from soft. I was able to get 3-1/2 turns hard to soft.
    Unfortunatley I had some unexpected family buisness to take care of so imediate plans with my car are on hold until tomarow night possibly Sunday. Will keep the board updated every step of the way.
    Bye.

Originally posted by greenguy

Well Had my camber done today and the car is AWESOME!!!
    Damper is one full turn from soft. I was able to get 3-1/2 turns hard to soft.
    Unfortunatley I had some unexpected family buisness to take care of so imediate plans with my car are on hold until tomarow night possibly Sunday. Will keep the board updated every step of the way.
    Bye.

I am dying to hear the final review and see pics....the suspense is killing me.:p

Glen has left the building!

Hey guys and girls,

I will be out of town for the next week or so, so I will not be able to answer your questions right away.

Those of you that have orders pending, most have been shipped as of today, and the remainder will be handled by my staff while I am gone.

For english install instructions, just send in an email to

info@kwsuspensions.com, and one of my staff will take care of you!

Thanks for all your support, and I look forward to your feedback when I return!

I am dying to hear the final review and pics. Any progress?

ephatch member
    I just got my alignment last week, cranked the dampers upto 5 (of 7) from soft (so it's almost full hard), and it handles AWESOME. Now it could also be the CTR 22mm rear sway bar, but this thing is just kick A$$ to drive. Definetly glad i did it. There should be pic scattered around ephatch. but here's one.

So how is the ride? Harsh..stockish or does it simply depend on the setting? I put a lot of commute mile on my si so it needs to be reasonably comfortable. It looks like you lowered your alot, any bottoming etc?

ephatch member
    Well, since the spring rate is much higher, I would say it's definetly not stock, not as mushy as stock, comparatively, but I wouldn't hesitate to drive it on the highway, when I had it set at 3 (of 7) from full soft, it was awesome on the highway, 5 is good for fast turning going slower (most of my driving) but 3 really made me feel like i was in control on the highways, and definetly not uncomfortable.

No scraping at my height, and I just talked to a guy with skunk2 coilovers and his was significatly lower, and he's not had any problems... So it probably depends, I played it safe, and it's only a mild drop compared to what is possible.

Ocelaris

Got my KW's on yesterday, I have the front heith set at 11 threads from the bottom and the rear at 12. For dampending, mine are 1 full turn from hard. 3 1/2 turns from hard to soft. I have noticed that the ride while not harsh seems quite bouncy, as compared to stock and the Tein springs I had on. How does your handle? I rubbed once going into a turn and with the addition of sideskirts I plan on increasing the height by another 1 or possibly 2 turns (front and back).

Also put on the Neuspeed rear sway with tie/combo and the car handles like a go cart, couldnt be more happy with the handling. BTW, do your coilovers make any noise?

EDIT...will take pics afterwork to compare drop with yours.
    Last edited by fsugatorbait; 07-30-2003 at 12:39 PM.

ephatch member
    I'm not getting any noise right now, though every once in a while I might hear a click, but that's maybe every other day maybe... I had mine on 3 for a while, and it was much less bouncy I think, I'm at 5 turns ~2 1/2. Try a lower setting, lemme know what you think, I think mine at 5 turns is bouncier than it was at 3, I think it's much stiffer turning at stiffer right? I should take a better picture of my car out on the street... counting threads is a good way to measure, I wish I had thought of that... I forget the guy's name who got them first, but he and I measured in like inches, from some random point, which seems like a worthless measurement, next time I get under the car I'l lhave to count. What finger gap do you have? I'm about 2 all around, a little less in the front though. Please do take pics :)

Ive got a half finger in the back and wheel tuck in the front. i adjusted the dampner to 1/2 turn from hard at lunch in front, the knob doesnt fit on the struts in the back so tuning is a little tougher to gauge. When driving to work this morning stopping at a light reminded me of hummers when they stop how they sway front to back a few times. the suspension seems very high strung.

Originally posted by Ocelaris
    I forget the guy's name who got them first, but he and I measured in like inches, from some random point, which seems like a worthless measurement, next time I get under the car I'l lhave to count. What finger gap do you have? I'm about 2 all around, a little less in the front though. Please do take pics :)
    Put a "Green" in front of the guy and you'll have Me:p
    Look up a couple of post and you'll see where I posted a pic of the front strut with a tape measure showing the bottom of the threads to the spring perch. I have a 1 finger gap all around.
    I get "Boings" and pops when I turn. Need to lube it more. Car handles like its on rails.

heres a few quick pics:) , will have an updated members ride section coming shortly with some goodies;)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by fsugatorbait
    heres a few quick pics:) , will have an updated members ride section coming shortly with some goodies;)

NICE!
    Lube them well! Everyone recomends lithium grease but it will migrate and collect dirt. I would recomend chain wax. You can get it at any auto supply shop. Just ask the guys and tell them what you need it for and they will probally tell you to use it. It will dry and stay put without collecting dirt.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information