Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    ephatch member
    Try turning your dampers up to a higher setting if you think your ride is bouncy. I had mine at 5 of 7 turns, and it was super tight, but too stiff for my likings... I have it back to 3 and it's definetly more bouncy, but that's just a choice I prefer bouncier over feeling every bump, maybe when roads are better I'll tighten them up. Bill

Originally posted by Ocelaris
    Try turning your dampers up to a higher setting if you think your ride is bouncy. I had mine at 5 of 7 turns, and it was super tight, but too stiff for my likings... I have it back to 3 and it's definetly more bouncy, but that's just a choice I prefer bouncier over feeling every bump, maybe when roads are better I'll tighten them up. Bill
    Do you mean half turns? I can only go a full 3-1/2 complete turns.
    I set mine to a softer setting and I get the sqeek/squish/psssshh sound. I will deffinatley tighten it up tonight. The front was a little bouncy when taking turns at higher speeds, still in control but could see the nose of the car "floating" for lack of a better word.
    still love them!:*

ephatch member
    yeah, sorry, I don't use the knob, and it's easier for me to think of turns in flat to flat, like I notice which direction is pointing towards the wheel (I think ironically full soft and full hard both point to the wheels...)

So I turn the nubbin until it points at the wheel at the same spot... If I were to have to turn it twice (aiming at the wheel), I'd get real confused, like 3 1/2 just doesn't seem like a rational number of turns without the knob... (my knob thing wouldn't fit on the back wheels)

Let's just say it turns 7 pi from full hard to full soft :) or 1260* total... Maybe I'm just forgetful, but I'm concentrating so hard on what 1 the angle of the knob is, I forget if I turn it more than 90* at a time without saying "ONE............ TWO............ THHHHHRrrrrrrEEEEE....." I mean, squeezing my hand in the back is a pain, but it only takes 5 minutes maybe to do all 4.

When I had it turned upto 5, when I was on rough roads it felt like my wheels were vibrating sort of... just worried me since the people who were supposed to do my alignment didn't tighten the wheels back on... but I think eventually I will move back upto at least 4... Much better turning with the harder setting

Originally posted by Ocelaris
    but I'm concentrating so hard on what 1 the angle of the knob is, I forget if I turn it more than 90* at a time without saying "ONE............ TWO............ THHHHHRrrrrrrEEEEE....."
    Thats funny, my wife was asking why I was counting while under the hood:D HeHe!

SIjealousy
    To y'all with SI's (which is of course most),

Which upper strut mount bearing does your car come with? There are seemingly two different versions available.

1. crappy plastic bearing (holds a bluish-green grease that squeezes out around the edges)

2. high quality metal encased bearing with a contoured rubber friction surface.

Reason I ask: I purchased the KW Coilovers but noticed that the upper spring perch is designed to work with bearing #1 above. I have the revised (02+) bearing. I specifically asked for the spring perch designed to fit the '02+ bearing.

The difference in bearing designs is HUGE. So different in fact that parts for one will not be compatible with the other.

ephatch member
    It's really not that big a deal.

01 isn't that bad.
    02+ aren't that great.

It will fit either fine.
    Last edited by Ocelaris; 08-12-2003 at 04:16 PM.

check this mex's site for the difference between the two upper mounts --->Link<---

for more explanation, refer to this THREAD
    Last edited by Jedo; 08-12-2003 at 03:37 PM.

Bump in lieu of my previous request :o

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information