Close

i need a honest opinon

I have some one who will put springs in for me around the $100 range. do you think I should do it on my own or pay this person. I've done all the work on my previous civic, but I am getting alot of mixed thoughts from the site about going ahead and doing it my self. I need some really convincing opinions on why I should do it myself

thank you
    Phil

pay the hundred bucks and get it done... you'll probably save yourself a ton of time.

If money isn't a factor, then pay the guy. When my friend installed my springs a problem occured. The axle popped out and he was pushing the thing in and out so many times. For 100, it sounds like an alright price.

If I know how to install springs, I'll do it myself. It feels good when you do your own work on your car. One thing I wanna mention. When removing the stock springs, you don't have to worry about the nut blinding you. It doesn't shoot out like the older Civic does.
    Last edited by raiyo; 07-14-2003 at 12:16 AM.

Originally posted by raiyo
    It feels good when you do your own work on your car.
    ditto

Do it yourself, its not too hard.

ephatch member
    Ive done a few spring installs, and I think you should grab a buddy and do it yourself. Its really not that hard. Just 2 things to remember.

1. Dont let the front rotor fall out of the drivetrain.
    2. Tie rod end puller. ( It will save you some time, and for 10-20 bucks its worth it.)

Also depening on what kind of springs you get, you should try to install some camber kits at the same time. I have some SPC camber kits and they work awsome.

this.setRootCause(last);
    Do it yourself, it's not hard, and it's worth the satisfaction of a job well done.

$100 is a good price. Just make sure they know what they are doing first though. I am going to to my install myself. I got a tie rod puller and a sping compresser so I can do the job myself. A do it your self job does give you some pleaser when you get into your car after being torn apart and it works better then you thought.

thank you for all your comments. I just was thinking about when it comes to the part where you have to line all the arrows up, i was beginning to get confused. Something about our whole suspension moves. that was starting to confuse the hell out of me. once again thanx for the replies
    :)

I just installed my springs this weekend with the help of a friend. I think that anyone who is even somewhat mechanically inclined can do it. Take your time and be careful with the CV joints. Oh yeah have fun.

Thread Information