Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ephatch member
    Hey DynaSpeed

Can you get us some sound clips of the exhaust. Thx a lot!!!!

Terence

sweet ass setup

this.setRootCause(last);
    Originally posted by fishboy
    fujitsubo exhausts sound hella clean. they have a sound clip on this site: fujitsubo sound
    So goddam funny... I'm still chuckling!

Still Around...
    02SilverSiHB - thanks for hosting the pics.

The tin-foil wasn't applied well, and I think it blew out. I got a CEL this morning. For the questions regarding the usage of this, it fools the secondary o2 sensor into thinking that it's working without an actual functional catalytic converter. It's not so bad, cuz with the foil on, it was making my A/F gauge go all wiggy.
    Cybernation is working on an o2 simulator, so I'll throw that on when it gets here.
    Last edited by DynaSpeed; 07-15-2003 at 05:30 AM.

I think that sensor from cybernations is already out! I might be wrong though. So without the cat, is the power completely all up top? I got i/h/e and the borla header is basically a short racing header that ends right before the cat. So my only bottleneck now is the cat, but I don't know if I want to get rid of the car, because I want some torque for autox. It feels like I got real vtec around 6k with my setup of i/h/e - I bet yours does aswell

Still Around...
    No, that o2 sim that they have right now is throwing codes, and the problem is with the TPS.... Clubrsx has extensive info for your further reading enjoyment.

I really think I'm getting more power all through the power band, not just up top. I'm really diggin' it. The dyno will hopefully shed some light.

Originally posted by ep3guy
    Wow nice setup!!! So the JR header wont bolt up to the stock muffler? Would it fit if I used a high flow cat and then bolt on my mid-pipe and stock muffler? I've been interested in doing this but I'm not sure.

Still Around...
    So the JR header wont bolt up to the stock muffler?
    no... it's too long, and the flanges aren't the same angle, as you can see in the pics with the 2 side-by-side.

Would it fit if I used a high flow cat and then bolt on my mid-pipe and stock muffler
    no... the A3 cat is not the same dimensions as the "test-pipe" part of the JR header (See pics). To use a cat, you'd have to buy one, than chop it up to dimensional specs to fit between the "header" part of the header, and the stock dimensional A3 mid-pipe.

I dunno if that was clear... throw me a PM if you need detailed info on your proposed setup.

Ahh ok. Thanks a lot. I know exactly what to do now. I might give it a shot if I can sell my stuff.

awesome set up! im just weary of paying that much n not getting a perfect fit.

guess ill have to wait it out for neuspeed.

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    I noticed your support bracket for the header does not lign up. Am I right?

Still Around...
    yes, I meant to point that out....

The hanger for the header does not function at all. The hanger is technically a part of the stock catalytic, and JR welded it to the "header" part of the header instead of the "test-pipe" part because of the length. It will go on, but the rubber grommet would not have any load on it, considering that that piece is bolted to the block, and therefore not doing anything at all.

Originally posted by redronin22
    awesome set up! im just weary of paying that much n not getting a perfect fit.

guess ill have to wait it out for neuspeed.
    didn't he just say that it was a perfect fit. sure the midpipe hangs alittle low, but all exhausts do that.

si-lum
    what exactly is the old tin foil trick?

Still Around...
    "Old Tin Foil Trick" -

If you can successfully wrap tin-foil around the secondary o2 sensor and have it stay, then you'll fool the ECU into thinking that it's working, therefore no CEL's due to "Catalytic Degradation".

P.S. - I can't get it to stay, so CEL is on constantly... I don't even notice it any more.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information