Close

ephatch member

How to keep my black Ep clean!!!!!!!

Can someone suggest good products for my black Ep under each condition?

1) Normal Washing?
    2) Waxing?

Ps. My car has a lot of swirl marks, the spider web looking ones. How do I recover?

Many car shampoos are good...I use Meguiar's personally...

For your swirl marks and waxing...you'll probably want to do the Meguiar's or Mother's 3/4 step process...if the cleaner does not remove the swirl marks then get ScratchX and use it after your wash (before cleaning, polishing, and waxing).

ephatch member
    Originally posted by streaker666
    Many car shampoos are good...I use Meguiar's personally...

For your swirl marks and waxing...you'll probably want to do the Meguiar's or Mother's 3/4 step process...if the cleaner does not remove the swirl marks then get ScratchX and use it after your wash (before cleaning, polishing, and waxing).

I notice dat u r living in toronto too, where can i get a hand on these products.

You can get all the stuffs that I mentioned at a Canadian Tire near you...and if you want to save yourself a couple of hours then you should think of getting an orbital buffer as well...

The products I mentioned is not Meguiar's professional series...I've yet to find a store that sells their professional series products in Canada...

Nail-batter Moderator SiR Medic's Avatar
    I use the Meguires 3 step, and it works great!

I also recomend getting a "California Water Blade" for drying. It doesn't leave any water marks and you can dry your car in about half the time as you would with a chamois or towel. For $30 they are a little expensive, but worth it!

Also consider getting a good 6"-8" buffer/polisher. This makes waxing a little quicker (which is good when you have 3 steps!) and a quick buff job after polishing will have GREAT results!

ephatch member
    Originally posted by SiR Medic
    I use the Meguires 3 step, and it works great!

I also recomend getting a "California Water Blade" for drying. It doesn't leave any water marks and you can dry your car in about half the time as you would with a chamois or towel. For $30 they are a little expensive, but worth it!

Also consider getting a good 6"-8" buffer/polisher. This makes waxing a little quicker (which is good when you have 3 steps!) and a quick buff job after polishing will have GREAT results!
    Where can i find a califonia water blade???Thx

Terence

Nail-batter Moderator SiR Medic's Avatar
    Originally posted by heihei0330

Where can i find a califonia water blade???Thx

Terence
    You should be able to get one at any major auto store; Pep-Boys, Murray's etc...

I got mine at Canadian Tire(a Canuck mecca!).

Doit right or don't do it
    I wonder how well will the new Clorox with Teflon Bathroom Cleaner work to repel dirt off my car......;)

Why don't they make a car wash with Teflon? The dirt will not stick to it... and you could fry and egg on your roof on a hot day without it sticking....;) That will be wonderfull all you would have to do it just literally hose it off if needed.

I'll also put a good word in for the cali water blade, 2nd best drying method I've used. The first? A 200mph leaf blower. You'd be amazed at how well it works.

Also on a black car I reccomend Zaino with P21/S Wax on top, here's some pics posted on s2ki by Dr T.

more info about that combination can be found here http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...hreadid=131449

Good luck! Black is the hardest color to keep clean but man when it's clean it looks great!

Karim

Hey Karim, cool old trail 70 in that pic. I think those are worth a couple of bucks.

Thread Information