Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dyno's K24 swap in EP3

Here are the dyno's of my fiance's 2003 Civic Si w/ K24 swap w/ stock K24 head. Current mods: AEM cold air intake, DC Sports header, 2.5" custom b-pipe, 2.25" Thermal R&D exhaust, 16X7 hyperblack wheels and Eibach sportline springs.

Coming in the next couple of weeks:

Custom racing intake manifold by hondaracingengines.com
    reground Si cams by EF-1.com
    Carbon Fiber hood and front spoiler
    Last edited by SiK24; 07-14-2003 at 04:17 PM.

ephatch member

K-24

Hey where did you buy the motor. How much was the long block. What did you do about the PCM. What did you do about the exhaust downpipe lenth, do to the taller engine blck?

Sorry had to resize the pics.

more dyno sheets...

wow! Maybe I should just swap that in. I wouldn't mind having that torque for autox

Nice to see people are trying different things!!:D

Got the motor from Tennesse, I think East Side motors (not sure off the top of my head). $1350 w/ shipment. Fitment wasn't bad, basically the same as the Si, just had to use one of the CR-V mounts to make up for the height. Other than that, everything fit up. Si intake and exhaust manifold. Exhaust was a little tight, would hit the heat shield only after hard shifts. Started on a Friday night and finished Sunday afternoon. The car had 600 miles and the motor had 2000. After we finished, turned the car on, no codes, no problems. Waited to do any mods until after the first oil change (about 4000miles with 2.4 motor). No problems yet, had Honda do the oil change and change out a headlight. They didn't notice a thing. Looks like it was always there.

As far as performance, shortly after the swap (in stock form) we ran into a Si w/ intake and had no problem pulling from it. From there, the motor is taking to mods very favorably. It still has the smaller CR-V cams in it. We sent the Si's out to get reground for even more power (hopefully). Between the cams and the racing intake manifold, I hope to see some good numbers.

Suspension is our problem right now. It is our main focus next.

Here are some pictures of the car. Notice it looks stock and no check engine light.

more...

more pics...

Originally posted by SiK24
    Got the motor from Tennesse, I think East Side motors (not sure off the top of my head). $1350 w/ shipment. Fitment wasn't bad, basically the same as the Si, just had to use one of the CR-V mounts to make up for the height. Other than that, everything fit up. Si intake and exhaust manifold. Exhaust was a little tight, would hit the heat shield only after hard shifts. Started on a Friday night and finished Sunday afternoon. The car had 600 miles and the motor had 2000. After we finished, turned the car on, no codes, no problems. Waited to do any mods until after the first oil change (about 4000miles with 2.4 motor). No problems yet, had Honda do the oil change and change out a headlight. They didn't notice a thing. Looks like it was always there.

As far as performance, shortly after the swap (in stock form) we ran into a Si w/ intake and had no problem pulling from it. From there, the motor is taking to mods very favorably. It still has the smaller CR-V cams in it. We sent the Si's out to get reground for even more power (hopefully). Between the cams and the racing intake manifold, I hope to see some good numbers.

Suspension is our problem right now. It is our main focus next.
    wow. This sounds good. So you just did the motor and not the tranny? The si tranny bolts right up to the CRV motor? Also are you using the stock si ecu? I think I would love to have this motor! :D You only paid 1350 for that motor!? awsome!

oh, and is there any modification for the electric power steering with the CRV motor?
    Sorry for all the questions

Ok more questions. I am liking this swap for the money. Is the engine heavier? What is your 1/4 mile time? Can it fit a Turbo or SC? Does the trany meet up nice and easy?

Thanks for any anwers on all of that.

We are using the stock Si ecu, Si tranny, etc. We didn't have to do anything to the power steering, or modify anything actually. The tranny fit with no problems, and according to some road course racers, the 5spd is the better transmission (at least for road racing). Besides, its a lot cheaper that way. Let's be realistic, until someone shows me differently, the K24 motor is making better power gains than the a3 and keeping up with the a2. For about $2000, you could have alot bigger motor and more potential. You could always add the type s head later.

There should be no problem putting a turbo on, and I would think not on the supercharger, but Im not sure.

Thanks. Now the big question how did you find a motor that cheap? Know you have me thinking instead of a lot of down time with my car doing a turbo I could just get that motor and build it up in my spare time and have one hell of an EP.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information