Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by SiK24
    We are using the stock Si ecu, Si tranny, etc. We didn't have to do anything to the power steering, or modify anything actually. The tranny fit with no problems, and according to some road course racers, the 5spd is the better transmission (at least for road racing). Besides, its a lot cheaper that way. Let's be realistic, until someone shows me differently, the K24 motor is making better power gains than the a3 and keeping up with the a2. For about $2000, you could have alot bigger motor and more potential. You could always add the type s head later.

There should be no problem putting a turbo on, and I would think not on the supercharger, but Im not sure.
    thanks and I agree with what you said.

ay whats up man!? i met you last time at ballantyne you asked me to race but i already knew what you had in stored for me nice ride btw:p

Thats what I am hoping for. I think there is alot of possibility with this motor. I am really curious to see how the Si cams do. The truck cams definately seem to fall off at the end where the Si's don't (from what I have seen from other dyno charts). And that you already have. We chose to send them off for that extra little bit. After that and the intake manifold, we will really need the extra revs from hondata and maybe a safc to do a little tuning.

Should have some track times soon. (couple of weeks)

Originally posted by Makross
    ay whats up man!? i met you last time at ballantyne you asked me to race but i already knew what you had in stored for me nice ride btw:p
    My fiance says thank you. You came out with the evo???right

yeah that was me my fault slap a k20a2 head and call it a day

ssvr6
    Did you take pictures of the swap process?

Steve

Yes, but they're on someone elses camera. They should still have them. I'll check tomorrow. It's interesting you asked that. Cause it was said the swap couldn't be done without a lift. Not true!!! This swap was done in a garage on really big jack stands with an engine hoist. The only hard part is getting the crank case pully off. Takes 200lb/ft of force (or two guys standing on one side with a long crow bar w/ an extension and one guy jumping on the other side w/ a really strong wrench and a pipe as an extra extension). Lesson learned, don't wait until 2:00am on Sat night to take the crank case pully off.

Originally posted by SiK24
    Takes 200lb/ft of force (or two guys standing on one side with a long crow bar w/ an extension and one guy jumping on the other side w/ a really strong wrench and a pipe as an extra extension). Lesson learned, don't wait until 2:00am on Sat night to take the crank case pully off.
    Been there done that with other parts of my car that early in the morning. That is why I want to make sure when I do a job I have an extra day so I do not kill my self but I still do even though I did have an extra day I just did not want to use it.

BTW with the Pully can that not be pulled off with a puller? I know on my other Hondas I used a puller and my 1/2 wrench with a pipe at the end to get it so I stuck out of the engine compartment so I has some leverage and I got it to pop.

There is a tool for it, but we didn't have it at the time and it was 2:00am. Won't make that mistake twice.

I am the tool nut so I have over kill going right now. That is what happens when you work at Snap-On and they give you a credit limit with no interest and a nice discount. Yea but having the right tool makes such a diffrence. Can not wait to hear more about your mod there.

I will continue to update as the mods grow bigger.

k nice, nice , nice I love that.

But i'm not shure if I understant.
    You said you only need a moteur mounth and the k24 moteur.
    that sound realy good.

Could you use only the base of the k24 and head of si??

What is your red line wright now 6800??

Do you konw how mutch compresion you have?

Hello, my name is... BlackJDMep's Avatar
    Dude, good info... keep us posted!:D

The motor mount isn't a big deal, since it comes with the K24 motor. Off the top of my head the compression is 9.7 instead of 9.8. The redline is 6800, but according to the ef-1.com who is grinding our cams, all the K series motors can handle a good bit of revs. As for using the Si head, you would lose power. The two heads are basically the same, just the K24 has bigger intake and exhaust ports than the Si.

Sorry for no new dyno's. Had some personal things come up, but everything should be calming down now and I can get on with business.

Question k24 newb question

this sounds really good... i just have a couple of questions. if i were to go to a junk yard and they have a CRV in the lot what actually do i need from that CRV to succesfully do the swap? i've searched the web on instructions on k24 swap for the Si but i haven't found anything...if you guys have any info i would appreciate it. thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information