Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That tight man. i might considering to do the same thing. props to u ofcouse. I just had a couble of questions: would any engine mod make for the Si fit with the K24 like intake and exhaust and header? Or do u have to modified it to fit? What intake and header r ing ur car right now and was car was it meant for??
    Thanks

Everything you buy for the Si should fit just fine on the K24 motor. Remember, they are basically the same motor, just the K24 is slightly taller.

New Dyno Numbers:

I/H/E/B-pipe

170hp and 150ft/lbs

I/H/E/B-pipe/65 shot

225hp and 246ft/lbs

I will post the actual dynos as soon as I can. We opened the restaurant a couple of weeks ago, so time isn't exactly abundant.

Originally posted by SiK24
    Everything you buy for the Si should fit just fine on the K24 motor. Remember, they are basically the same motor, just the K24 is slightly taller.

New Dyno Numbers:

I/H/E/B-pipe

170hp and 150ft/lbs

I/H/E/B-pipe/65 shot

225hp and 246ft/lbs

I will post the actual dynos as soon as I can. We opened the restaurant a couple of weeks ago, so time isn't exactly abundant.
    damn, went nuts in torque from that n2o

creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar
    When are you going to get the cams back and install them?

To be completely honest, I expected them a long time ago, but since they are sponsoring them, I'm not worrying about it. I did hear back from the guy today though. They were finished and ready to ship, but after some testing he thought there should be a little more duration, so he sent them back to the grinder.

Ohh well, Im sure it will be worth the wait.

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    What are you gonna do about the ecu? Can you send it into hondata to get a custom flash or something like that? I was just wondering, b/c i'm really contemplating this swap and my main concerns are aftermarket ecu tunning and gearing. What's the redline at rite now, and what mph are you at when you redline it? My plans were to pair the k24 up to the type S 6 speed....

K24 type

planning k24 type s swap in ep, am i gonna need any special parts to make this baby run smooth and nasty or is it gonna be easy like bolting in and drivin away???? also anyone know where i can get pistons rods and other goodies for this swap?????

Re: K24 type

Originally posted by Joey Ballz Si
    planning k24 type s swap in ep, am i gonna need any special parts to make this baby run smooth and nasty or is it gonna be easy like bolting in and drivin away???? also anyone know where i can get pistons rods and other goodies for this swap?????
    This is Kareem, one of the guys that helped do the swap.

If I were you, I would just get a TSX motor. Save yourself sometime and money and have a better motor to start with. Call around to a few junkyards and see if anyone has a motor.

tsx is garbage

thanks kareem for replying but if im gonna do this swap im gonna go all out. the tsx head is crap and i already have the block from the crv and the head from a type s

ephatch member
    CRV Ivtec engine 1600$ shipped :-)

GROSS... I want I want

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2442822604

So the only downside I've seen so far as to the K24 swap was someone said something about the longer bore not liking the higher revs?

Anyone in the mid-atlantic area, for that matter east coast doing the swap want some help doing their swap? I can lift heavy things and fetch beer :-)

Exactly who said the TSX head was crap and wouldn't you rather the higher compression TSX motor than the CR-V's 9.7. And the last time I checked, the TSX motor was putting 10hp more than a RSX motor. And I'm willing to bet the rods in the TSX are stronger as well.

Exactly who said the TSX head was crap and wouldn't you rather the higher compression TSX motor than the CR-V's 9.7. And the last time I checked, the TSX motor was putting 10hp more than a RSX motor. And I'm willing to bet the rods in the TSX are stronger as well.
    I'm wondering why people are saying it's crap also, I hear the same shit all over the net. RSX guys saying it, even TSX guys talking about swaping out for the type s head....weird

And the last time I checked, the TSX motor was putting 10hp more than a RSX motor. And I'm willing to bet the rods in the TSX are stronger as well.
    you forget that your comparing a 2.4L engine to a 2.0L engine and claiming that a 10 hp gain is good. Im not an expert on the difference between the TSX and RSX-S head, but your quote of the HP difference between the two tells the whole story.

Crank

I can't say much about the tsx head because i haven't seen much about it, but the tsx crank has to be way more balanced than the CR-V motor, and if you want high revs and efficient power the crank is (besides valve springs maybe) the most crucial part.... i don't know why but alot of people over look the importace of the crank

It's not to even say that the crank is over looked when doing a swap of this matter you can't over look many things. In this case the crank is just rarely mentioned. My crank is going to be balanced for my specific ap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information