Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    so basically we just use it on windows since a few ppl were skeptical about on the paint?

and iono can u kinda give me the whole concept of using vinegar again? haha sorry im slow on catching on to this

Originally posted by Go_EP_Go
    so basically we just use it on windows since a few ppl were skeptical about on the paint?

and iono can u kinda give me the whole concept of using vinegar again? haha sorry im slow on catching on to this
    Water spots are mineral deposits. They are a base or an alkaline substance ( calcium and other minerals ) left behind when water dries on the car. The acid neutralizes the minerals and washes them off of the paint or glass. You can use vinegar straight on the glass, but I usually use a 50/50 solution on the paint. You must wax the car after you use it.

How long does the vinegar smell last?

Because I won't be able to handle vinegar smell on my ride for more than 2 minutes.

Is it ok to use the vinegar on a CF hood for touch-ups? Water spots stick out like a sore thumb on my CF. Waxing it again would just take too long.

Will the vinegar leave swirl marks on the paint???

Water the vinegar down a bit and then apply, and wipe away...

Oh yeah, as for the swirl marks, the vinegar itself will not leave marks, just the scrubbing...

I drive a Rice Rocket RacingCivicSi02's Avatar
    What kinda vingar are u guy talking about. and how much are we suppose to put into a bucket.

Re: vinegar

Originally posted by blueiedgod
    vinegar is also good to get the plastic evaporation blueish haze from the inside of your windows. Had to do it twice already. In the summer heat all the plastisizer really comes out of the plastic and hazes up the windows on the inside. Never thought of using it on paint, good idea though. will have to try it next time.
    I'm a little lost, please help me out a little bit. Vinegar helps keep the windows from developing the haze? Would you apply the vinegar to the inside of the window or the dash? How much water should be mixed in?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information