Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    JRPower

Lightbulb The Jackson Racing Supercharger Kit

Hello I am Little Oscar and would like to help with all your questions.

The kit so far:

-Around the price of the RSX-S kit when released.

-Release Date set for around the end of August.

^Will Be Updated!!!^

Any more questions? Post or e-mail me at jrhorsepower@yahoo.com .

SF-SI-02
    I would like to buy your supercharger. I have also been thinking of replacing my current cold air intake, what will be compatible with your sch? I don't want to drop $300 now and have to replace it in august for compatability.

Also, you guys rock, but read all your hate mail here, I think you should take the time to respond to many of the negative comments and concerns about your sch especially those that compare your sch with other forced induction kits on the market. There are a lot of people eager to drop either your kit or the turbo, I recommend you visit this board quasi-regularly and get these easy marketing points for free. I'd do it for you, but then again, I missed the sponsorship deadline and don't feel like waiting a year, correct me if I am wrong ;)

L8r

I've got a few general questions for you on the 02-03 Si kit:

What kind of boost levels will the kits be pushing?

What are the differences between the street version and the race version?

If a person were to purchase the street version and later purchase the race version, would that be possible and what would be the additional cost (ballpark)?

Are both versions CARB legal?

For the dyno charts on your website, were the before and after charts based upon stock vs. stock with JRSC, or were there additional bolt-ons (i.e intake/header/exhaust) added to get the "after" numbers? The recent Honda Tuning article lead me to believe that it had a JR race header installed. Are you or will you be making race headers for the Si?

Would your company be up for a group buy on one of the inital allocations of superchargers for the Si? If not through you, I'm guessing it would have to be through one of your distributors.

That should do it for now. I appreciate you showing up and answering our questions. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion about who had responsed to me. That whole Sr., Jr., III thing has always confused me. :o

Kurtis

JRPower
    In this kit, the throttle body is only moved slightly, causing all of the common intake systems to be compatible with our kits. We have personally tested intakes form DC Sports, AEM, and Injen which were all compatible with our kit.

I try to drop by these forums as often as I can, but I oversee Focaljet and EP Hatch. It is very hard to continue pushing forward on projects (Si Kit), answer e-mail, and answer posts on Focaljet and EP Hatch. I will try the best I can to answer all your questions, and I will try to focus on this thread, so please remind people in other threads, that say something negative or have a question, to post it in this thread.

The Boost Level in the CARB Legal Street Kit is 5+ psi.

The Street Version is just like our normal kit. It will be CARB-Legal and ready to run right out of the box.

The Race Version will have many add-ons. The Race kti will not be CARB legal. Jackson Racing has not decided yet on every specific thing, but two things have been decided on. First, there will be bigger injectors provided with the kit. Also, there will be an ECU Upgrade. Other aspects of the kit will be similar to the Civic Si present in the July issue of Honda Tuning.

It is certainly going to be possible to buy the Race version after the Street version. The price for the Race kit has not been determined, not even a ballpark, because not all the parts of the kit have been determined.

The dyno charts on Jackson Racing.com are seperated. The Street version dyno is with only the supercharger. The Race version dyno is the setup we used in the magazine article.

We will be offering an Si Header, with all the same features as the RSX-S header. I will post when they are offically shipping.

Group buys I have no idea on and you will have to go through our website for further information on Sales. You can also call 1-888-888-4079.

Don't worry about the confusion between my father and me. It happens!
    Last edited by JRPower; 07-22-2003 at 09:11 AM.

so the 206whp that the si in honda tuning had was off of the race version? and its not carb legal right? what is the hp rating on the street version?

JRPower
    That is the prototype race version. The race version pieces have not been set in stone yet.

The race version will not be CARB legal.

The dyno sheets of the Si, Street and Race Version, are at Jackson Racing.com. Here is the link to the charts... http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/d...tailspage.html

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    I take all this talk to mean that if the kit is not CARB legal, it won't pass state emissions testing???

I live in PA, and I'm trying to find out if it being CARB legal means anything to me or not??

If NOT being CARB legal just means an annual penalty, I'm OK with that, but if I could not legally drive it on the street at all with out a CARB cert., I need to know this.

Any1 know the answer, or where to find it???

Eric

Originally posted by esmith13
    I take all this talk to mean that if the kit is not CARB legal, it won't pass state emissions testing???

I live in PA, and I'm trying to find out if it being CARB legal means anything to me or not??

If NOT being CARB legal just means an annual penalty, I'm OK with that, but if I could not legally drive it on the street at all with out a CARB cert., I need to know this.

Any1 know the answer, or where to find it???

Eric
    No! The "C" in CARB stands for California.

On the dyno chart for the street version, it shows an increased rev limit (7250 vs stock 6900 or so). Will the increased revs be included in the street kit? I was under the impression that only the race version would have increased limits.

QuicksilverSIR
    Also a question re the dyno - yours shows a base hp of about 125 and a supercharged hp of 178 (street version). Other dynos I have seen show a base hp of 130 to 140. Recognizing that different dynos show different results, should we be focussing on the percentage gain, not the raw numbers? E.G. on the JR dyno run, 178 over 125 is a 42.2 percent increase in hp, so if on a different dyno the base hp was, say, 138 would that same dyno show a supercharged hp of 196 hp (as in 138 * 1.424)?

Also, how technically astute do you need to be to install the street system yourself? Could a fairly experienced amateur do it? No special tools or tuning equipment required?

Thanks.

Also, will a Hondata intake gasket fit with the supercharger? I'm guessing no, since the engine compartment already looks cramped with the supercharger.

Will the current hondata si flash be compatible (drivable) with the street jrsc?

Will you guys be offering an upgraded boost kit later down the road for the SI JRSC?

We took the race version of the RSX-S high output SC kit to a smog test station in California and the results were indistinguishable from a stock RSX.

The Hondata gasket will probably fit.

The current Hondata reflash will not be compatible with the street kit. You will either need to return the ECU to stock or upgrade to the race version, the specifications of which have not been set yet.

Originally posted by Hondata
    We took the race version of the RSX-S high output SC kit to a smog test station in California and the results were indistinguishable from a stock RSX.

The Hondata gasket will probably fit.

The current Hondata reflash will not be compatible with the street kit. You will either need to return the ECU to stock or upgrade to the race version, the specifications of which have not been set yet.
    ... shit, after spending $730+ (tax, shipping, flash, gasket, etc) we better get a deal on the second reflash --- -- seriously.

I'm planning on buying the street SC kit ... getting smogged and then getting the reflash to the race SC ... buying some injectors... etc.
    Last edited by trk; 07-27-2003 at 09:57 AM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information