Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

Wow, I'm liking this JRSC news and the Hondata ECU flash for it. Probably will be a long time till I can afford it all (need to win the Lotto). No CARB issues here, so the race kit would be the way to go. :D

Question Hondata

1. On the race version you smogged would it still need a CARB# in order to have the smog performed even though it passed?

2. What smog shop is this?:D

Glad to see that Jackson Racing joined us here at EPhatch!! I have been very interested in the JRSC for some time now. I am curious if you will be able to put together a groupbuy for EPhatchers here. I think you will get a great response. But, I would like to see better increases in torque. There's a nice increase in whp, but to spend close to $4000 . .. . .I'm curious if there has been any more R & D in getting a little more out of the SC before it actually goes into production.

EDIT Disregard the g-buy ?, I missed it in the earlier post, sorry.
    Last edited by chet; 07-27-2003 at 09:23 PM.

JRPower
    I am sorry for the late response everyone, but we have been working hard on getting kits out to production.

We do all of our dyno testing on our in-house Dynojet Dyno.

To install the Jackson Racing kit you do not need special tools and a person with some mechanical experience could tackle the installation. No hand tuning is required. The Power Card is provided on the Street Kit.

The race kit is being considered the Stage 1 Race kit. That means other stages will be involved meaning... the thought of more boost.

I am sorry but I am unable to speak on a group buy. Please contact Jackson Racing Main at 1-888-888-4079 or at www.jacksonracing.com . To stop the process of production, Turn-Key, reliable, O.E. quality engineering now right before introduction to increase boost would not be a good idea. the kit is reliable and makes plenty of power. The numbers don't match with the superior performance of this kit.

Thank you for your time and anymore questions you have please e-mail me or post. jrhorsepower@yahoo.com
    Last edited by JRPower; 07-28-2003 at 12:23 PM.

damn, I kinda want to go with this, it's easier to install and safer as long as I stay at the stock boost. I'd be in the 14's for sure, all I'd need.

Originally posted by JRPower
    I am sorry but I am unable to speak on a group buy. Please contact Jackson Racing Main at 1-888-888-4079 or at www.jacksonracing.com.
    I'll be working out the details about posting a group buy here with DownTheHatch (the owner of this site). After I get his requirements, I'll be contacting you guys to see if we can get something set up.

Originally posted by Quicksilver
    Also, will a Hondata intake gasket fit with the supercharger? I'm guessing no, since the engine compartment already looks cramped with the supercharger.
    even though the Hondata guys said it would probably fit, i doubt it will do you much good since increasing the air pressure in the intake manifold from the SC will heat it up.

also, to Little O, is there any reason your dynos of the stock K20A3 showed such low power? ... 125 whp and 116 tq or something like that. was it a hot day? brand new engine? there are members on here who dynoed closer to 135-140 whp and 120 tq.
    Last edited by Tenacious G; 07-28-2003 at 09:08 PM.

Originally posted by Tenacious G
    even though the Hondata guys said it would probably fit, i doubt it will do you much good since increasing the air pressure in the intake manifold from the SC will heat it up.
    I don't think the Eaton roots blower actually compresses the air. Centrifugal superchargers (like a Vortech) or an Autorotor twin-screw supercharger (like a Kenne Bell) compress the air. The roots blower is still forced induction, but not a true compressor like the others. You'll still get more heat than you normally would on the intake due to the fact that you now have rotating assemblies that weren't there before. But since you're not compressing the air, which generates heat, the JRSC should benefit from the intake gasket.

I don't think the Eaton roots blower actually compresses the air. Centrifugal superchargers (like a Vortech) or an Autorotor twin-screw supercharger (like a Kenne Bell) compress the air. The roots blower is still forced induction, but not a true compressor like the others. You'll still get more heat than you normally would on the intake due to the fact that you now have rotating assemblies that weren't there before. But since you're not compressing the air, which generates heat, the JRSC should benefit from the intake gasket.
    the honda gasket will help the JRSC, hondata has used it in the past. They used that, 450cc DSM injectors, a resistor pack (from an older civic) to compensate for the different type of injectors, injector clips, stock fuel pump, stock fuel rail, stock fuel regulater, and their ecu upgrade to run the JRSC perfectly on the B series.

Availability of your kit is still projected for late August? Since JR "sees" interest in the Si kit, maybe production will be pushed up? :D

ah, i see. i stand corrected then.

JRPower
    I have no idea on the conditions during the dyno of the Stock JR Civic Si. I wil try and see if I can find any information on that.

The JRSC does not mind having the Hondata gasket there and would like it.

I am sorry, but you cannot just simply push production up because of interest. The reason for late August is because testing and other aspects of the whole kit are being waited on. Everything on the kit must be perfect and Oscar must OK eveything. If he does not like something about it, he will hold production.

The kit if projected late August. You guys might get lucky and it might get released slightly earlier, but no promises can be made on an earlier production date.

Exclamation Little OJRSC

You all just take your time with this kit because if something ain't right and people have purchased it. . .can you imagine the BITCHING that would take place???

Get it right y'all Get it right.

JRPower
    Yes, and that is exactly why we make sure everything is perfect.

Ire over not being released is beter than ire over problems with the kit.

Okay, I contacted Jackson Racing today about a potential group buy. We'd need to go through an authorized distributor (any listed on their website). I'm thinking that Summit is our best bet since they did one for the Focus people when it was released. Plus they're a HUGE distributor, so they're our best bet for a lowest price.

Before I go contacting them, how much interest is there in a group buy? As stated earlier in the thread, pricing should be close to the SVT Focus kit (around $2700-2800), but exact figures have still not been released. Figure with a group buy you'll be able to save around $50-200 off that price. I'm thinking we'd need a minimum or 5-10 people. Let me know how many people are seriously interested in purchasing one of these, so that I know whether or not to follow up with Summit.

Kurtis

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information