Close

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    oh and the pricing it shows:
    Part Number: 989-550 Reg: $4,295.00 Discount price: $2,699.95 Jackson Racing RSX 'S' Supercharger System - Street Version

Part Number: 989-552 $5,795.00 $3,895.95 Jackson Racing RSX 'S' Supercharger System - Race Version

Sorry if this info is older than shyt, I've paying more attetion to turbos lately.

What kind of noise does the JRSC make? Idle, cruise, WOT?

Originally posted by PogoFX
    What kind of noise does the JRSC make? Idle, cruise, WOT?
    I had one before, and at idle and cruise, no sound from the jrsc. At WOT it has this amazing sound words can't describe. Sounds like a damn space ship taking off :D it's a whirlling deep, but slightly high at the same time pitch....hard to explain anyone else?

Its a high pitched whistle.... Pull next to a big ass truck on the highway... That whistle you hear is a supercharger.
    Its a pretty cool sound if you ask me :D

"What redline?"......DOH! I SELL HONDAS's Avatar
    99% of the thrucks on the road are turbo diesels, you are hearing a turbo "spool-up" that is to say build pressure or boost.

But my jrsc at wot sounds like a muffeled blender that is running at the same rpm as the engine. VERY COOL.

Thanks for the input fellas. That all seems in line with what others at clubrsx have said about the sound. I personally just don't care for a loud car (i.e. fart can exhaust). This sounds like something I can live with, especially if there's no droning at highway speed.

Originally posted by PogoFX
    Thanks for the input fellas. That all seems in line with what others at clubrsx have said about the sound. I personally just don't care for a loud car (i.e. fart can exhaust). This sounds like something I can live with, especially if there's no droning at highway speed.
    oh yeah, it's not a kind of sound that will bother you and drown out your radio.

I have two questions and I hope they are not repeats;

Will the JRSC work with the current HONDATA Flash program?

Will it be compatible with the new VAFC2?

I just can't wait untill this becomes avaiable.

Thank you
    E.

hondata flash is recommended when you get the supercharger

ArcanaRacing
    Originally posted by Makross
    hondata flash is recommended when you get the supercharger
    I believe that there is a JRSC-specific flash program, though.

yeah, the JRSC Race version includes a hondata ecu flash. but i don't think the cost to reflash current hondata applications are was discussed.

the JRSC seems to fit my needs as far as the EP is concerned. too bad i'm unemployed right now.

Originally posted by inlineracing
    Will the JRSC work with the current HONDATA Flash program?
    Unless you upgrade to the race version, which includes a JRSC-specific ECU flash, then no. The ignition timing is too far advanced for forced induction and nitrous applications, so you'd get detonation. However, the upgrade to the race version should be cheaper for you. I don't think a solid price had been set when the RSX people asked Jackson Racing on ClubRSX. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say you'd probably save around $400 off of the race version upgrade price.

I too am eagerly awaiting the kit's release. Darn Greddy for releasing their turbo before JR releases their supercharger. It's awefully tempting to go turbo, but I'll wait. A supercharger may not have the peak power of a turbo, but I want the everyday drivability of the low end torque on the roots blower. Zero lag baby! ;)

What's the latest word Oscar?

I thought this was supposed to be released already. I wonder what problems have surfaced.

I wouldn't necessarily say they're having problems. From what Little Oscar said, Big Oscar is quite the perfectionist when it comes to their products. . .If that's the case, I don't mind waiting a bit longer. Although I can't hardly stand it anymore. I think the JRSC will be great for auto-x w/ the low end torque. Maybe I can catch the two guys that always seem to beat me out by 1 or two seconds. Hopefully he's been away from EPhatch due to the finishing touches being applied and tested on the EP. I am hoping they were able to get a little more torque too.

JRPower
    Hello, sorry for the delayed response, but I have been very busy. Let me see if I can answer your questions...

I have heard claims the kit is already out. That is false.

The computer in the Race kit needs a new flash because the supercharger want things slightly different from NA. Please ask Hondata for more information on why.

At cruise, the supercharger is undetected, only when you roll into the throttle from a cruise state will you here it. If you have an air filter you will hear everytime you are on the gas a sweet low sound; that is the air filter sucking very hard. Wonderful!:)

The sound is not bothersome.

WOT, the blower whines with the sound of a jet.

No, big diesel trucks use turbos. Top Fuel Dragsters and Funny Cars use Roots blowers.

VAFC2 has not been tested with our product and Jackson Racing recommends using only their electronics or Hondata electronics.

The process of putting kits in final production is very tough and strenuous. Yes, Oscar wants his product perfect.

Hopefully he's been away from EPhatch due to the finishing touches being applied and tested on the EP.
    Quite so. Everyday driving to see if over time anything occurs is hard when needing to get things to production. So our car has been the primary driver to get things sorted and to see if any problems arise. Thank you guys for being patient, and I will try to keep things up-to-date.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information