Close

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar

Exhaust "burble"?

Is it me or does the stock exhaust have a slight burble to it, almost aftermarket-ish, in the lower revs? If I keep my engine around 1700 - 2500 RPM in first or second gear I get a consistent deep tone from the muffler. Is this Honda's intent or could mine be cracked somewhere? - Its not LOUD or anyhing just nice and mellow. Comments?

4u2nv
    yeah thats how mine is too, the guys at king thought i already had exhaust. i still want something louder, but i dont want to get pulled over for it

Same here. its very sexy. hate the 1 5/8" pipes tho : /

ephatch member
    Yep, mine does it too. Cool sound but not too loud. I like it. Does anyone know of any aftermarket exausts that look the same as stock, sound the same, but give better flow? I really like the stock exaust tips and don't want something that would be too loud either, I also would need a deep sound, no chainsaw sounds for me.

I like the classic "dual" exaust pipes the new si has. I'm not going to touch mine, I think they look good stock. I've noticed the deeper roar in it also....one of the issues the previous si's had probs with.....honda has been doing their homework.

Yep, I've noticed the same thing...it sounds very nice. I just wish it was a little louder and more noticable above 2000 RPM. I think I can live with the stock muffler for now, but maybe something better will come out that looks and feels like the stock one.

Mulder
    It may not add as much HP as a full cat back system, but what I did was as a 2 1/4" pipe from the cat right to the stock muffler. Just a little louder and pulls a little harder on top end.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
    Yep, mine does it too. Cool sound but not too loud. I like it. Does anyone know of any aftermarket exausts that look the same as stock, sound the same, but give better flow? I really like the stock exaust tips and don't want something that would be too loud either, I also would need a deep sound, no chainsaw sounds for me.
    This is exactly what I want. Looks stock, a hair louder, and better performance.

2002HatchSi
    i love the low growl of the exhaust.... it sounds great.... but a greddy will sound alot better :D :D :D :D

Thread Information