Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    ephatch member

Lightbulb New Big Brake Kit to fit Factory 15s

After numerous requests from many members of the board to build a version of our forged 4 piston big brake kit to fit 15" wheels, we have finally nailed down a solution.

Basically, the kit will use the same forged 4 piston caliper from Wilwood mated to a 11.1" Brembo rotor. Stainless lines, choice of performance pads, anodized brackets and all the needed hardware included.

Even with the larger rotor, this set up is still lighter than the OEM set up.

We could offer this set up for $600 ($650 if you want drilled or slotted rotors and CAD plating) Only thing we need is 5 people to get this price. If you guys are interested or have any questions or concerns, feel free to post here or contact me at the shop. Thanks

Sherwin

kit includes EVERYTHING?

Dumb question - is this front and rear, or just front?

Visit me @ K-Series.com Mugen_EP's Avatar
    Just Spoke with Sherwin, really cool guy. This is for the front only. Anyone who upgrades the rear is really only for show, the front is where all the braking is done.

I'm interested if we get enough people in.

*banging on my home budget spreadsheet* grrrr.... where's that extra $$$?....

ephatch member

Brakes

How about some pics!

What is the CAD plating?

Cad plating, Cadmium, is just a plating used to prevent corosion.

Thanks BSEVEER.

inside the big machine chakra71's Avatar
    i'm all over it.

but it will be a couple of months before i can afford it.

Re: New Big Brake Kit to fit Factory 15s

Originally posted by DocofMind
    After numerous requests from many members of the board to build a version of our forged 4 piston big brake kit to fit 15" wheels, we have finally nailed down a solution.

Basically, the kit will use the same forged 4 piston caliper from Wilwood mated to a 11.1" Brembo rotor. Stainless lines, choice of performance pads, anodized brackets and all the needed hardware included.

Even with the larger rotor, this set up is still lighter than the OEM set up.

We could offer this set up for $600 ($650 if you want drilled or slotted rotors and CAD plating) Only thing we need is 5 people to get this price. If you guys are interested or have any questions or concerns, feel free to post here or contact me at the shop. Thanks

Sherwin
    how soon do I have to let you know? I have a preference for the porterfield r4-s pads.

and any chance of substituting cryotreating for cad plating?

ephatch member
    when will this be going on? I would be interested if it wont be done right away (finances)

ephatch member
    I ll post some pics for you guys tomorrow so you can get a better idea.

Chunky, I can substitute the cryo for the cad plating for a few bux extra, no problem at all. Unfortunately though, I really dont do much work with Porterfield so I really dont have access to their pads. I did check price on them though for this caliper and I believe it came in under $60. Thats the beauty of this caliper, everyone makes pads for it and they are the cheapest ones available. Also, swapping pads out is extremely simple because of the cotter pin design.

I do stock over 12 different friction materials so I m sure we can find something to suit your needs.

I have gotten a couple emails from some others that are also interested so i am going to go ahead and get the ball rolling. Finished product should be available within the next few weeks. For those that dont have the funding now, dont worry, price will NOT go up much after the intial buy in is over.

1. What is the price for the rotors that fit under 16" wheels?

2. Upgrading only the fronts COULD leave the brake balance upset. Upgrading just the fronts actually makes some cars worse since the rears lock up too easily and you lose the ability to brake deep into a corner.

I'm definetely in for either the 15" or 16" kit, depending on the price. I'd surely rather spend a few dollars more for two-piece rotors with aluminum hats (even more weight savings).

If a kit became available with two-piece rotors with aluminum hats for the front and the rear with pads and stainless lines for under $1000, I'd order it tomorrow. Literally.

inside the big machine chakra71's Avatar
    Originally posted by SiMPLE_SiMON

2. Upgrading only the fronts COULD leave the brake balance upset. Upgrading just the fronts actually makes some cars worse since the rears lock up too easily and you lose the ability to brake deep into a corner.
    I agree... on some cars it might create a worse than stock braking situation. But our cars have EBD, Electronic, Braking, Distribution. I believe that the system is adaptive for different driving situations because i've pushed my car to and beyond the limits and felt the system try to do exactly what it was supposed to (EBD, and ABS work well together). EBD should compensate for the larger rotors and better grip on the fronts by allowing the fronts to do more and if the rears lock up ABS would unlock them.

Some of you braking guys let me know if I'm on the right track here... It just seems to me like the system would compensate.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information