Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Very nice...I think this will be the first Stage 2 Turbo EP Mod here.
    Last edited by HondaMan; 07-27-2003 at 09:46 AM.

Originally posted by Tnhatch03
    ok, i read in another post that if u drive down there that u might be able to reduce tha cost of tha turbo...am i right or was i seein things? if so, i live in Tn and would like to know how long it would take? and i know that my boy has a turbo and he was changin his oil like every 500 miles. so what kinda maintinance would u have to do to keep it runnin smooth and problem free? andddd....thats all tha questions i have for now. im tryin to get info before i do this. good job on ur stage 2...i guess ima have to look into tha stage 3 since u beat me to it...lol
    1) If you dive down we can TRY to work out a deal on the price for the turbo. Install/Tune HAS to be that price because we have to pay the mechanics.
    2) If you drive down 9 times out of 10 if you come in on a Monday we will have you out by Saturday. No gaurentees but that is what we shoot for, for the people who have to drive down. We usually don't have a problem doing that.
    3) Every 500miles is a little extreme. It also depends on how much boost you are pushing. If you are running stage 1 at 8psi. You can change your oil like 2000-1500 miles depending on your driving style. Stage 2 is like 1000-1500 depending on your driving style. The only thing you have to remember is NOT to shut down the car right away after it has been running for a while at HIGH RMP and HIGH BOOST. You have to let the oil cycle though the turbo so it dosent clog the turbo. (That is what turbo timmers are for)
    Hope this helps any more questions just shoot.

would i have to purchase any additional parts besides tha setup that u install? if tha questions r gettin on ur nerves i apologize..lol. im just tryin to see tha whole thing before i do anything. how far in advance do u have to know before u install it? and could u guys do it in december cuz that is when i am off of work and i am through w/ college that semester. thanks

would i have to purchase any additional parts besides tha setup that u install? if tha questions r gettin on ur nerves i apologize..lol. im just tryin to see tha whole thing before i do anything. how far in advance do u have to know before u install it? and could u guys do it in december cuz that is when i am off of work and i am through w/ college that semester. thanks
    Don't worry about the questions that is what we are here for.

You don't need ANYTING. Our kits come with EVERYTHING you need to get you going. The only thing you might want to get would be a Turbo Timmer and Boost Controller. Other then that our kits come with EVERYTHING even the APEXi S-AFC and Autometer A/F and Boost Gauge. We would need like a week or two advance notice depending on what kit you wanted. Stage 1 a week notice would be good. Stage 2, 2 weeks notice so we can order the Pistons and Rods. We can install the kit when ever you are ready, now or December you let us know.

thats awesome...soooo...tha kit will cost 5000 and install 2000. i would like to know how much less tha kit would cost if i drove down there. cuz im tryin to get my money situated so i know i will have enough before i go down there. cuz ya know, im not tryin to go down there w/ less than what im suppose to have....lol...id hate to walk home. thanks

thats awesome...soooo...tha kit will cost 5000 and install 2000. i would like to know how much less tha kit would cost if i drove down there. cuz im tryin to get my money situated so i know i will have enough before i go down there. cuz ya know, im not tryin to go down there w/ less than what im suppose to have....lol...id hate to walk home. thanks
    You will have to call the shop (954-523-8483) and speak with one of us about. I would just prepare your self with 7g's so you have some room. Im not promising we will lower the price, but we TRY to work things out with out-of-state people who drive down.
    -Thanks
    Mike

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Would there be any usefulness in getting a Boost Controller for a Stage I turbo???

Could someone put that in and drive daily with like 3-4 lbs of boost and switch it up to 7.5 for racing and program the s-afc with dual maps???

Or is that not possible with a stage I or is it pointless to try and run less than the 7.5 lbs of boost????

My train of thought is getting a longer life outta the car by running lower boost reguraly and crankin it up to 7.5 when needed ;)

Thoughts??

Eric

Originally posted by esmith13
    Would there be any usefulness in getting a Boost Controller for a Stage I turbo???

Could someone put that in and drive daily with like 3-4 lbs of boost and switch it up to 7.5 for racing and program the s-afc with dual maps???

Or is that not possible with a stage I or is it pointless to try and run less than the 7.5 lbs of boost????

My train of thought is getting a longer life outta the car by running lower boost reguraly and crankin it up to 7.5 when needed ;)

Thoughts??

Eric
    You can do that for stage one. If you only wanna boost 3-4lbs daily and then every now and then boost 7.5 thats cool. We can tune the S-AFC II to do that. One map will be for 4lbs and the other map will be for 7.5lbs. You would still need the boost controller to change the boost to 4 and 7.5 but all you would have to do is push a buttom to go to the different maps.

holy toliedo....lol...well...3 more g's and im on my way...ill give u guys a call.

sweet deal.
    cant wait to see some nice numbers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information