Close

JDM Type R Headlights Question

Ok guys, iv gotta question, my passenger side headlight has got condensation in it and f**kin fogged up for the 4th time. I'm so sick of it, iv decided im just gonna buy the damn Type R's but before i do, can someone tell me a couple of things:

1-will i have any problems with inspection or anything
    2-r they a direct bolt up to the usdm versions or do they reqire any modifications?
    3-im assuming ofcourse but will my bulbs i have now work?

any help is much appreciated

They should be direct bolt on, they only difference is the color of the housing as far as I know. I am getting ready to order my set in the next week or two. Talk to Chuck or Rocky at Showstoppers. And I think Tornactive also has them for a good price.

Visit me @ K-Series.com Mugen_EP's Avatar
    1) Shouldn't have any problems, I doubt an inspector could even tell the difference

2) Direct bolt in. No modifications needed.

3) Yes, your bulbs will work.

awesome, thanks for the help guys!

Are you going to get them in time for the show!? I hope so. If not, try taking that one out again, put it in the oven, take it apart and clean it out. Then push it back together as best you can. The put it back in the oven, then take it out and push it together some more and hold it for a while, making sure the tabs are seated right.

Then let it cool and use some sealant...that way you'll fix it for a little while.

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    Are you going to get them in time for the show!? I hope so. If not, try taking that one out again, put it in the oven, take it apart and clean it out. Then push it back together as best you can. The put it back in the oven, then take it out and push it together some more and hold it for a while, making sure the tabs are seated right.

Then let it cool and use some sealant...that way you'll fix it for a little while.

dude, iv done it like 4 times already, im sick of it, lol, i should have them by the show

Originally posted by super_si_45

dude, iv done it like 4 times already, im sick of it, lol, i should have them by the show
    ah, damn, I'd be sick of it too. Well, you'll have some good headlights then when you get the JDM ones. I hope you have them in time, I wouldn't mind seeing those in person.

ah, damn, I'd be sick of it too. Well, you'll have some good headlights then when you get the JDM ones. I hope you have them in time, I wouldn't mind seeing those in person.
    yea, just ordered em today, did next day, so should have them monday, definately in time for the show :D

Originally posted by super_si_45

yea, just ordered em today, did next day, so should have them monday, definately in time for the show :D
    just got an email from HIN for a reminder. Roll in is at 3pm :) can't wait.

just got an email from HIN for a reminder. Roll in is at 3pm :) can't wait.

awesome, just got mine too :p

Netguru
    Back to the headlights....what about one headlight shining brighter than the other...since they drive on the other side of the road in Japan. I remember reading people arguing about that in the past. What is the final verdict on that? That is the only thing holding me back from ordering them...

u should get the R hid ones :)

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    Originally posted by fyzm7357
    Back to the headlights....what about one headlight shining brighter than the other...since they drive on the other side of the road in Japan. I remember reading people arguing about that in the past. What is the final verdict on that? That is the only thing holding me back from ordering them...
    Yes, the headlights do aim a little bit to the left. But, I've had mine for maybe 6 months and have had no problems. No one flashes me, no police problems.

ephatch member
    Well I have heard the easiest way to fix this is to put the inards from the US one into the japanese housing (just the part that the bulb goes into obviously leave the black chrome part in there) and the glare guard from the USDM lights will be in there and then just get them re-aimed.

Originally posted by 2k3vbpEP
    Well I have heard the easiest way to fix this is to put the inards from the US one into the japanese housing (just the part that the bulb goes into obviously leave the black chrome part in there) and the glare guard from the USDM lights will be in there and then just get them re-aimed.

But that will involve opening the lamp housing so your just better off to paint the stock lamp housing, wouldn't it??

Thread Information