Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by SIRMcD
    Yes, I am quite handsom aren't I!!:D Ya this zaino rocks, I only used step 5 once and step 2 once, I plan on doing some more work to it, I do have some questions about the clay bar, it never got soft, kind of stayed hard , I used the wash as a lubricant. Is this normal?
    yup seems rather normal.

Use the Z7 wash (about a cap full) mixed with water in a spray bottle as lubricant. The claybar slides right over the surface with very little resistance unless your paint is really contaminated. You shouldn't need to give it much pressure and make sure your always turning or tearing it once it gets dirty. When claybaring make sure you keep the surface well lubricated. Sometimes it's hard to find out if the area needs to be clayed some more by just feeling it, the best way to find out is to put a zip loc bag or something over you hand and feel the paint. You'll feel where it's rough and needs to be clayed. Also remember to wash your car after to get off any film lubricant that's left on there.

Also since you have black you knwo them ore coats you put on the deeper the shine gets. One of the latest trends with black cars is using P12S Carnuba wax on top of Zaino and it gives it an even better and deeper shine. Here is a shot of a car of a fellow S2ki member (wanabe)

I've seen similar results without P12S but it does require to put on 3 coats or more which can get kinda of a pain if you odn't use ZFX. With ZFX it's easy since it dries so much quicker and lets you reapply quicker.

Best of luck!
    Karim

i want to try some zanio but i want to kno what i will need to make my black ep very very shiney and i want my swirl marks gone bc they piss me off GDit. well for everyone scratchX is good but drys very fast so make sure ur car is very cold or u will leave just more swirls and scratchs
    -andrew

ephatch member
    Ya, I used the zfx, killed one of the mixing bottles but it was quick, I have alot of paint damage from all the miles I put on but my swirl marks were pretty much gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information