Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps

hmm i dont konw. works pretty good to me. dont have any problems.
    First let me say I was crabby this morning :o

I like Pioneer. Pioneer has some great features and the best displays and animation out there IMO I was just really let down by the models I mentioned.

I know Pioneer fixed the XM text problem with the 7500, 750, 8500, 850 by introducing a new XM tuner along with them. thier website seems to indicate that the new tuner would not fix the problem on the older units though. I think it was a combination problem with both the Headunit and the XM tuner having the limitation.

I might be late to the party adding my $.02 here, but I also own a 9815 and it's been an excellent head unit so far. The two lines of text are reason enough to make it better than the competitors, for me. It's so cool when the song title scrolls twice as fast as the artist name...

One thing to mention, is that the Alpine's rated 4v output are weak. Another car audio board I'm on had a guy benchtest it, and the front and rear channels get close to 4v, but the sub output is only about 3v @ full volume without clipping. What does all this mean? Well nothing really, it only means you'll have to play with the gains on whichever amp you hook this up to, and even if you don't use an external amp, the internal one is pretty beefy.

I think Pioneer has a long way to go before they switch between MP3's as fast as Alpine, but JVC has them both beat in the speed dept.

Originally posted by jaydub
    It's so cool when the song title scrolls twice as fast as the artist name...

My Excelon X869 does this. I was like WOW thats cool the first time it scrolled that way :)

I think Pioneer has a long way to go before they switch between MP3's as fast as Alpine, but JVC has them both beat in the speed dept.
    Kenwood is super speedy at this as well. Plus allows you to browse folder names while another MP3 is playing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information