Close

Thread: shiny dash

using trial internet

shiny dash

alright...i want to paint my dash white...but the only thing is i want it to be just as glossy as painted fiberglass. Now i know i have to sand it down real good but after i lay the paint down how do i get it that shiny? do i just put a truck load of clearcoat on it or what?

ssvr6
    Basically. Make sure you add TONS of flex agent as well as some UV protection to it and a dozen or so layers of clear.

Also, make sure you ALWAYS have sunglasses on you. The glare alone will be blinding.

Steve

using trial internet
    will putting all tha clear coat make it sticky looking?

Nail-batter Moderator SiR Medic's Avatar
    Originally posted by ssvr6
    Also, make sure you ALWAYS have sunglasses on you. The glare alone will be blinding.

Steve
    No Shit!

You might want to take a bunch of white paper and cover your dash with it first. Drive around for a few days, then decide if you want to go through with it!

I can only IMAGINE how hard on the eyes this would be!:'(

Snowblind. It really happens. I have a friend that burnt the shit out of his eyes skiing without shades when was a kid. He was blind for almost a week.

Just get like a satin or semi-gloss finish. If you're getting gloss, good luck. When my dash is really clean and it reflects onto the windshield it already bothers me. Think about it. Gloss? oh my....

dude don't do it... i paint my whole interior in my old prelude white with red accents. i have to admit, it looked bad ass for like 2 months. the sun is awful and mine was a matte finish. i couldn't imagine how a gloss finish would be. oh and it gets dirty like a motherfucker. but do what you want, i'm just giving you my knowledge on the subject... if you're gonna do it, don't do glossy.

Thread Information