Close

GoldenGlow

Question Wiring Fog Lamps to light up w/o headlights..

Has anyone tried this or does anyone know how to...I want the Fogs to be able to come on when I have only my parking lights on ( aside from the regular way)...any suggestions???

wu343
    you will have to wire the turn-on lead to the parking light switch in the steering column. I think that might do it. What kind of fog lights are they?

i thought the fogs have there own switch

Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
    i thought the fogs have there own switch
    The switch is like the cruise control... its either always on or always off. The fog lights only "turn on" when the headlights are turned on.

Still Around...
    The fog lights only "turn on" when the headlights are turned on.
    Not entirely true. Just splice the 'hot' into the parking lead. Quite simple. I gave a link on a 'how-to' on another thread in the forum (on a different car, but same principle). Try a search if you're interested.

GoldenGlow
    Thanks guys...I have the Factory Fog lamps....I had them put in at the dealership...I will have to figure out which is the "hot" wire...

Brew Bros
    Yea, I'm in the same position as Golden Glow, but I would need some step by step!! I am new at messing with this stuff!!

ephatch member
    the hot wire is known as the positive wire. It is usually red, white or some similar color. The ground wire will usually have an earth tone to it or a stripe with an earth tone (i.e. black green brown etc.)

Thread Information