Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

Thumbs up Mugen sport suspension installed!

Just got them installed yesterday. Not much of a drop, but enough for me. Wow, what a big difference they were from the stock shocks and H&R springs. They ride great over small bumps and I can tell that the rebound is much quicker than before. I wish I had bigger wheels, but I'll be poor for awhile now. Good job to Mugen, looks like there was enough R&D put into this kit. :D

ephatch member
    Another pic

ephatch member
    Install view for the front.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    I'll be installing my set this Friday. Did you run into any issues during the install? Did you have a wheel alignment done afterwards? How stiff is the ride compared to stock? Sorry for all the ?'s, I'd just like as much info as possible before we jump into this ;)

It looks really good man!!! I wish it was a little bit more of a drop, but hopefully after it settles it will look a little lower.

ephatch member
    There were no problems with the install, it was basically a straight swap. There were even new upper nuts and cotter pins included which was a nice thing to have on hand. I did get a 4 wheel alignment afterwards. I didn't check the specs though, I was too excited to rail the car around. It is definitely stiffer than the stock shocks, but nothing that would bother me daily. It's the perfect setup in my opinion!:p

That's great Siep. Thanks for sharing. I had most of the same questions as the others. Sounds like it's completely do-able for daily driving. Thanks for the pics and comments. Keep us updated on the ride quality and how much improved the handling is!

Thanks for the pics Siep....I ordered mine this morning and was taking a big chance not seeing a pic, but now I am cool. I have the exact set up you had (H&R Springs and stock shocks) How is the ride now? Is the bouncing gone? Did you take any measurements before and after? I am curious as to how much higher it is compared to the H&Rs. My main concern is the ride and it sounds like your happy with the results....Thanks again for posting the pics.

it will definitely look better with 215/45/17 tires, thats why I am looking forward to seeing 02tafwhtsi's install which will help me alot to decide on what I want: kw, tein or mugen.

ephatch member
    Its official !@!!!!!

Just called the good people at A-J Racing and officially placed my order and deposit for the Mugen suspension .

Im am very relieved to see these come to market , my front shocks are bust and the Neuspeeds Race on blown shocks has become a lttle unrefined to say the least .

I do not require the adjustability that coil overs afford , and besides , the winter elements would be near devastating to the construction of most setups . The KW is by far the superior setup in this regard .

Damn , I got a six to eight week wait .

now thats perfect drop for me
    car looks awesome . i love that drop

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by siep
    There were no problems with the install, it was basically a straight swap. There were even new upper nuts and cotter pins included which was a nice thing to have on hand. I did get a 4 wheel alignment afterwards. I didn't check the specs though, I was too excited to rail the car around. It is definitely stiffer than the stock shocks, but nothing that would bother me daily. It's the perfect setup in my opinion!:p
    Cool :)
    Was the steering wheel off center when you were done? I know this is straghtened during an allignment but was curious if this was affected at all...

ephatch member
    nice drop

Now thats what I'm talkin about!

Looks perfect IMO. I can't wait to get these for my own car some day. unfortunately, I need some new funds to do that. Time to start whoring!

I like the way it looks. I'm most defenetly doing this in the future as my supension mod.

Thanks for the pics. Is it just me or the pictures now don't load on the same page and are downloaded in a new page?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information