Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interior Cleaning

Ok I take my car to many shows...I was wondering what is a good product to clean my dash, door panels, etc. I dont want the shiny look, but just a nice clean look. Anyone have any suggestions for my on what to use to do this?

THANKS ALOT FOR THE HELP...
    Mike

a damp towl works pretty well, all ya need is alittle water.

I have not used it yet but 303 Aerospace Protectant is often highly recommended.

303 Protectant

use masking tape to pick stubborn stuff out of the fabric corners at the last minute.

using trial internet
    nah man tha best thing in the world for that brand new clean look is grab a swiffer cloth and just start wiping. those things pick up so much dust its unbelievable. u can use it on ur seats and everything

also, I just came up with this idea... never heard of anyone doing it before, but a can of compressed air could work wonders too.

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
    also, I just came up with this idea... never heard of anyone doing it before, but a can of compressed air could work wonders too.
    use it all the time, can of Duster2 Compressed air works great...for vents and everyother thing you cant get into

i like armorALL CLEANER... great product and no oily shiny shit

I like to take a clean rag and get it pretty wet, spray it down with Armor All pretty well then wring it out so that it is just wet enough to dust things down. It doesn't leave things too shiny but it is better than just dusting.

ephatch member
    i wipe all of my plastic/rubber down using a damp microfiber towel, then apply 303. 100% UV protection for my baby

Originally posted by X 2KS2K
    i wipe all of my plastic/rubber down using a damp microfiber towel, then apply 303. 100% UV protection for my baby
    I'm going to second the microfiber cloth, it works wonders. I use mine dry though, picks up every piece of dust on the first swipe.

lightly apply armoral, and then use a dry dry towel and buff it dry, it won't be as shinny yet it will make the shades of the panel look consistant.

If you just use a towel and a cleaner it makes the panels look dry and off color.

Originally posted by X 2KS2K
    I second that. 303 protectant doesn't have any cleaning properties, so you have to clean first.

The 303 will give a nice satin/matte look, but I discovered from another forum that if you mix the 303 like 50/50 with water, you get a dash that looks brand new without any sort of gloss or sheen at all. It's pretty nice. You could even try mixing it with less water too.

It's hard to get 303 locally unless you know of some RV or boating places. Most of them carry it or can get it. But, I found it at Ace hardware the other night looking for something else.

If you've ever used a California Car Duster you know that they are a wonder product for the out side of your car. Well they also make a Dash Duster that also works wonders. I highly recomend it:)!

Nail-batter Moderator SiR Medic's Avatar
    Originally posted by greenguy
    If you've ever used a California Car Duster you know that they are a wonder product for the out side of your car. Well they also make a Dash Duster that also works wonders. I highly recomend it:)!
    Ditto! I love it!

I also use a small horsehair brush for vents and hard to reach spaces.

Maguires makes a VERY good dash protectant that leaves a satin non-glossy finish. It looks and smells great!

Also don't forget leather cleaner and conditioner for the steering wheel and shifter!

The most important thing about your uphoulstry... SCOTCH-GAURD IT!

Also, make sure your inside windows are clean... It may sound stupid, but I find a lot of people forget to do this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information