Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SilverStar Bulbs Are crap Any Suggestions?

I just purchased some silverstar bulbs about 2-3 months ago and 2 weeks ago I blew one one. No real biggie just thought it was a bad one. Well yesterday I'm going to work and as I pull up behind a car I notice the other light is blown now. Any suggestion on bulbs that look better than stock and dont cost as much as Piaa's. If not I'll just go back to the stock ones.

Re: SilverStar Bulbs Are crap Any Suggestions?

Originally posted by Mad02Si
    I just purchased some silverstar bulbs about 2-3 months ago and 2 weeks ago I blew one one. No real biggie just thought it was a bad one. Well yesterday I'm going to work and as I pull up behind a car I notice the other light is blown now. Any suggestion on bulbs that look better than stock and dont cost as much as Piaa's. If not I'll just go back to the stock ones.
    i installed my silverstars about 8 months ago - still very bright and working great!
    Last edited by glw; 08-11-2003 at 09:56 PM.

almost every aftermarket "superwhite" headlight will look better than stock! how about some nokya arctic whites? only like 40 bucks. or if you are super cheap...bomz racing superwhite 24 bucks at www.prolightstar.com
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

i have liteglow 55w h4, man i used these about 2 years now!! still works
    i bought these at target.

Ouch, that sucks, did you accidently touch the bulbs or something with your fingers?

Originally posted by ep3guy
    Ouch, that sucks, did you accidently touch the bulbs or something with your fingers?
    Thats what funny I have never touched a bulb with my fingers, I know about making hot spots on them and such. They popped in clean didnt even touch the side of the housing. I had the Cool blue bulbs on my last car and they lasted a year. I bought some piaa and they only lasted 2 months. I thought the more you pay the better quality you were supposed to get.

I have had these for a year and two months and they work great. ive seen pia plasma gt's and i think these look the same for alot less. I was suprised.

go them on ebay

NOKYA Arctic White PRO Halogen H4 Headlight
    Last edited by labelhunter; 08-13-2003 at 06:43 PM.

yeah i've got the nokya's, very happy with them, but they definitely give off the blue look, which you might not be into... looking directly into them its more of a white with a hint of blue in it, but when you are in the drivers seat, the entire visibility field is a nice little shade of blue

I rather have a bright white bulb, I'm out of the blue tinted light faze. I would rather have real HID instead of the imitation blue tint ones. I drive at night so I want something that nice and bright. When I had the cool blues, and the road was foggy it was kinda dangerous cause they didnt really penetrate well.

I heard somewhere that the higher watt bulbs will melt the headlight plugs. Is this true or can our Ep take a bulb that is over the 55w-60w?

Originally posted by Mad02Si
    Thats what funny I have never touched a bulb with my fingers, I know about making hot spots on them and such. They popped in clean didnt even touch the side of the housing. I had the Cool blue bulbs on my last car and they lasted a year. I bought some piaa and they only lasted 2 months. I thought the more you pay the better quality you were supposed to get.
    Maybe you are getting moisture in the light assemble. Making bulbs blow out.

Originally posted by padelong si

Maybe you are getting moisture in the light assemble. Making bulbs blow out.
    But the stockers work just fine past 9 months on those. I just think I was getting some shitty bulbs.

SRi
    http://www.slipstreamr.com/ecomm/pro...?productid=619

BOSCH Japan JDM bulbs. Highly recommended.

ephatch member
    Question? When I had bright white bulbs, they looked great, but I had a real hard time seeing in the rain at night.. The light blended in and I couldnt see.. Anyone else have that prob?

Toronto Canada we live in Igloos and have Polar bears for pets
    Your problem might not be the bulbs but your voltage regulator on your alternator do you find your lights dim and then brighten up or the interior lights go up and down this will cause your bulbs to blowand it dont matter what kind you have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information