Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking KW Coilover Owners - Post your Feedback!

As those of you that got in on the introductory deal have had your suspension installed for a few weeks, I wanted to start an official thread to see what your impressions, thought and driving experiences are with the KW product!

So post your pics, impressions and stories here!

Look forward to reading and seeing them all!
    :D

So far(after 3 weeks with them) I'm pretty satisfied with these coilovers. I paid to have a shop install them so I really can't give any feedback as far as the install goes but I can give driving impressions. Im lowered all around with about a finger and a half gap, so I anticipated a fairly rough ride. However, the ride most of the time is smooth. I feel like the dampers aren't adjusted perfectly to how I want them yet. The front seems a little too rough and choppy over bumps and the rear seems a little too bouncy over bumps. These things really handle though, even with stock wheels and tires, I feel a huge difference. Virtually no body roll, now it just hugs the turns like its on rails. Overall Im very happy with these and with living in Ohio, I need stainless steel period, our winters would kill other coils. If you are considering these Id say go for it, smooth ride, stainless steel, adjustable ride height and dampers, and well built construction. On a side note, the shop that installed them were really impressed with the quality of these. Pics to come!

Absolutley amazing! This is my first car with coil-overs and wasnt sure what to expect. Well My ep handles so well that I find my limits before I find the cars limits ( which was so easy to find with stock suspension!)
    I have played with the adjustable compression and I believe I have found the perfect setting for My driving (and pregnant Wifes comfort) style. I love the ease of ajdustability, just pop the hood or trunk and adjust away!.
    I have noticed that the back and forth motion that I would get when I first installed the KW's has gone away ( could be wheel/tires) but I think its the adjustment to the compression that solved this.
    I am very happy and have/would recomend this set up to anyone. Ease of install and adjustability make for a great buy for the first timer (Me!) or the experienced tuner.

Please keep in mind that after I got my alignment I put on 17" wheels with Pirelli Pzero rubber:D

SIjealousy
    I've got my set sitting waiting to be installed. We're just working out a better upper spring seat to fit the strut bearing better. As soon as I have mine installed, I'll post a review. I've gone through a number of suspension variations so I'm excited to see how well these KW's perform.

Like Greenguy, this is my first set of adjustable coilovers. Hell, this is the first car I've done anything to besides wheels and stereo equipment. At first, I wasn't sure how I liked them. I am still learning how to adjust dampening properly and the ride was just a bit springy at first. But in the last week the ride has smoothed out, there isn't a real heavy rebound at all unless I'm pushing it and the road isn't the smoothest it could be. I've yet to adjust the height. The rears are exactly where I want them, and the fronts will be lowered a hair the next time I change my wheels out for autocross. My front end seems so much lighter. I purchased front brakes from Sherwin at BrakeZone and now with the V2's on, the front end is way more responsive. The alignment was the most important thing I've had done in the last week. I could tell the front end was pretty bad. But everything is sweet. I definitely dig them.

BTW Glen. . .THis is off the subject but is there a possibility of some pics of the Morettes on a black EP? I will look for one, but if you could post one in that thread--COOL.

Oh and one other thing Glen. . .If you remember the minor shipping mishap I had with the V2's going to my neihbor's pad, My name also got changed to CHER. I cracked up the other day when I saw it on the box. I hadn't noticed it until then. I will have to post a pic of that one!!

Thanks for the feeback, Keep it Coming!

Chet:

Its amazing what happens when your shippers finger slips, you become a whole new person!

Heres a couple pics of my drop with the KWs! :)

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Very nice drop Silver - looks perfect :)

Thanks man! :)

That is a nice drop! Now you need some wheels!

That is a nice drop! Now you need some wheels!
    You got that right! Im saving up for some gunmetal 16" Work Emotion CRs. :p

(_!_) O !
    Originally posted by Glen@KW
    Thanks for the feeback, Keep it Coming!
    You can always send me a set, let me do a review from install until how it rides on the street and autocross. :D ;) :p

Sorry, I am totally broke. My car just got hit, $1000 deductible. Then Headunit stolen after 1 week out of the body shop.

So sad ..................:'( I really want one, any chance for financing on coilover ? hehehe ;)

Hey Glen,
    How many sets have you sold for ep's? Im suprised that there is not more of a jump on these. Plus they are really affordable through Tornactive, $1100 shipped!

Hey Guys,

chet - I currently do not have any pics of the headlights in black, but maybe if you get one of the other members to photoshop the pics? Let me know!

C1V1C - sorry to hear about your streak of bad luck. Unfortunatley all of my sponsorship $$ have been given out for this year , but there is always next season!

greenguy - well there are about 25 new civics in US and Canada running on KW's and 4 RSX's. Reveiws have been great, nothing but happy customers whipping around corners!!!

Hello Glen,

Unfortunately my suspension is still sitting in my living room, but I hope to do the install soon.

Question, does the rebate on the kw website apply to our purchase?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information