Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Well according to skunk2 directly...Showstoppers gave me the wrong coilovers

I'm kinda pist about this. I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but I have been going through so much adjustments to get these coilovers to work. My springs read 0500-250-008E on each spring. The guy at skunk2 says that it should read:
    F: 0600-250-008 8kg spring rate
    R: 0600-250-006 6kg spring rate

Just a heads up for those that have the same coilovers. I'm going to contact showstoppersusa about this.

that sucks. jacking with suspension stuff is alot of work too. i bet those koni inserts were a b*tch to put in too. I think chuck or rocky should give you a gift cert or something. some type of store credit.

shoot, I think they should send me the right ones. I've been taking my suspension apart for the last two months. I can't count how many times I've done this trying to solve the problem. My hands are freaking beat to hell. Bruised, scraped, etc. Time I could have used doing something else.
    I tried pming chuck...that's who I talked to when I ordered the springs via the phone, but his (showstoppers) pm box is full...not surprised as many people probably pm him.
    So I sent an email. I'll have to try and call him when I get home.

ephatch member
    ouch, that sucks. hope everything gets ironed out

dude that sucks. when i got my coilovers that was the first thing i checked on. i checked the box, i called ground control for the correct part number, and i asked for the spring numbers too. all that confusion, people thinking the 02 si was the 99-00si stuff, really got to me and i am still very careful. i hope everything works out. you are lucky you have tools to mess with your suspension. i have jack shit and i still haven't installed my camber kit and my rear shocks. :o

Unhappy

Good luck mang! I'm sure Chuck will do right by you...

Originally posted by HondaMan
    Good luck mang! I'm sure Chuck will do right by you...
    i don't know about that. the installer that chuck sent me to installed my rear swaybar upside down and chuck says i have to take it up with the installer. the installer has already refused to believe that he did anything wrong after my end link broke on the drive home from glendale.

anyways, it only cost me $30 to get it reinstalled correctly. you'd think chuck would just take care of it and send me a check or something, but he wouldn't.

good luck on your deal.

ps: that day at his shop i bought springs, swaybars, and strut tower bars from him ($$$). you'd think that he'd treat me like a good customer.
    Last edited by glw; 08-15-2003 at 04:01 PM.

showstoppers has done a lot for this website. They have always had good customer service and have also given us very good prices, mistakes will happen in every good company, im sure they will take care of it...

Originally posted by staticflo
    showstoppers has done a lot for this website. They have always had good customer service and have also given us very good prices, mistakes will happen in every good company, im sure they will take care of it...
    maybe people are just afraid of speaking up because of the supposed rep showstoppers has here. maybe i'm the first to have a bad experience.

docofmind at brakezone on the other hand was great and their installer did a perfect job... kudos!

well, I unfortunetly sent the email to showstoppers from my work email, so I won't know what's up until monday. I just had another alignment done (89 damn dollars) because my toe was all fucked up. Damn, more money to spend and more shit to work on. I'm getting tired of working on the suspension.

but think about the benefits man!
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Re: Well according to skunk2 directly...Showstoppers gave me the wrong coilovers

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    I'm kinda pist about this. I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but I have been going through so much adjustments to get these coilovers to work. My springs read 0500-250-008E on each spring. The guy at skunk2 says that it should read:
    F: 0600-250-008 8kg spring rate
    R: 0600-250-006 6kg spring rate

Just a heads up for those that have the same coilovers. I'm going to contact showstoppersusa about this.
    YO!!!

Ok heres the deal. We do apologize about you getting the old version. Ever since February, a couple of EPHatch guys called skunk to ask if the coils for the 01+civic included the 02 Civic SI Hatch. Skunk said they will fit. These two customers tried the Skunk2 coilovers out and they worked on their EP's. Ever since Feb, every company has been selling 01+ Skunks for the EP. Skunk 2 in late May early June decided to release a new part number apparently with a new spring rate in the back which is softer than the 01+Civic. Its not a big change and it really doesnt matter which kit we have on our EP's. The only difference is the rear springs will be a bit stiffer if you have the 01+Civic kit on. If you want to exchange the two rear springs, please contact Skunk2 at (909) 808-9088. You can talk to their experineced sales people such as Marty. He will explain to you the difference and what we can do about this situation. Let me know what happens when you talk to Skunk2. They are real good about warranty on their products. It seems like there may be other problems on the car not related to the coilovers. Let us know what skunk2 says about replacing them. We will work with you as much as we can to resolve this problem. Thanks for being patient...

Chuck
    Showstoppers USA

[QUOTE]Originally posted by glw
    [B]i don't know about that. the installer that chuck sent me to installed my rear swaybar upside down and chuck says i have to take it up with the installer. the installer has already refused to believe that he did anything wrong after my end link broke on the drive home from glendale.

anyways, it only cost me $30 to get it reinstalled correctly. you'd think chuck would just take care of it and send me a check or something, but he wouldn't.

What GLW failed to mention is this...

You asked me for a good professional shop that I knew. I referred you to the best in my area which is J's racing. He is one of the best technicians on imports that I know of. Unfortunately no one is perfect and people do make mistakes. I don't know exactly what happened and what went wrong. All this occured after you left the shop. I talked to J's Racing for you and informed them that they needed to check the car because the customer was complaining about noises. I also informed you that I did that and was trying to get you to talk to J's racing so that they can compensate you for the problem but you did not want to call him. That was on our last conversation. If Showstoppers USA had done all the work on your car and we did something wrong to it we would have no problem in taking care of you. In this case you are asking us to compensate you for a mistake another company has done?!@#$ Tell me where is the sense in that.

If the problem occured here or if it something we directly caused then we will compensate you in any manner possible. We have never left a customer hanging. Point is this deal happened between you and J's Racing, why are you pointing the finger at me??? Can you explain please? I'm sorry if this all comes out like im being rude but I just dont understand why someone elses fault is being blamed on me and its really getting frustrating...

Chuck
    Showstoppers USA

Hello, my name is... BlackJDMep's Avatar
    Dude... I had skunk 2 coilovers for the longest... since I got my car (November 2002). If you want "Handeling" your best bet is to go with the stiffer rear wich in this case is the 01+ civic kit. I have done a lot of turns, believe me! They work great! Your not gonna die or anything from this kit. The kit is awesome.

The softer rear will only make your car jump alot more and not handel as good. IMO, I think you got the BETTER kit!

I have to agree with Chuck and the people at Showstoppers. Since they didn't DO the actual work, why should they be held responsible? That's like yelling at Honda because one of the mechanics told you to get a clutch installed at a performance shop since they try to aviod aftermarket installations. C'mon now, I don't see how this is Chuck's problem GLW.... Personally, me and all the people that have done business w/ Showstoppers have had nothing but excellent service. In addition, it's just like Chuck said... PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES!!!! But if the mistake was not his or his company, why are you holding him responsible? Just my $0.02........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information