Close

i think i'm overwaxing...

after i put on my blitz wax...and took it off about 20-25 minutes later...i see a slight haze on my car at different places...more like an oily residue...could it be i'm overwaxing? and if i am, is there a way to fix the residue? just rewax it? me=sad :'(

Do you wax your car often? It may not be that you are waxing to much, but that you didn't remove all the haze. I haven't used Blitz before. The P21S that I use is wipe on wipe off. Pretty easy.

Go over the parts that are still hazy/oily with some quick detailer and a good microfiber or cotton towel. That should hopefully help a bit.

As a general rule, remember that "less is more" when it comes to waxing. Hope this helps.

I get the same thing when using Meguires gold class wax. I'm not sure if Blitz is a carnuba wax but I find that when I use carnuba waxes, this never happens. Try spraying some quick detailer on the affected areas and wipe it away. I find that it works for me.

Also try removing all the old wax with dish washing liquid or with meguires step 1 paint cleaner before you put on the new layer of wax. The paint cleaner will also reduce swirl marks and take off a lot of stuff stuck to your paint.
    Last edited by i-WERKS; 08-19-2003 at 08:07 AM.

It's just a wax reside that adheres to the moisture in the air, just wipe it off , it's wax.

I don't think it's possible to wax too much as long as you do a good job. my brother has a 1994 Buick Roadmaster station wagon ( black, slammed with 18" Boyds) and the paint on that car is absolutely beautiful. He is obsessive about waxing and does it at least once a week.

Thread Information