Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

For those buying springs that say 2001up civics (like H&R, neuspeed,eibac,etc)

Any of you doing this might want to stop, or take off your springs and buy some that are originally made for the Si. I called both neupseed and H&R and they said they have springs specifically for the 2002+ Si. H&R says it won't be out till about later this winter and that it isn't as low, because it's a higher spring rate. Neuspeed has a kit specifically made for the Si with it's sport and race kits. The part numbers aren't out yet for neuspeed springs for the Si, just call to order them. Same goes for the eibachs. The reason I'm telling you all this, is I notice some of you complaining about clunking/rattly sounds. Most of you that are getting this are riding on springs that weren't made for our cars. Those with H&R haven't complained as much as some of the others. It's really up to you what you want, of course, it's your money. But if you want the best ride quality, and performance for your car, get the ones made specifically for you car.

The End :D

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Hmmm....I bought my Eibach Pro-Kits from Options Auto Salon who listed the springs I purchased for the "2002 Civic Si" while they also had a set for the "2001+ Honda Civic" each with different part numbers. Now I'm gonna look into this further...thanks for the heads-up though!

Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
    Hmmm....I bought my Eibach Pro-Kits from Options Auto Salon who listed the springs I purchased for the "2002 Civic Si" while they also had a set for the "2001+ Honda Civic" each with different part numbers. Now I'm gonna look into this further...thanks for the heads-up though!
    I replied to your other reply to my reply (is that confusing :D ) I showed the part numbers for the prokit for the Si and EX. I know that I had some sounds once and a while when I had pro kit on my other car (97 EX) I bought them from NOPI when I called and told them what car I have. Later on (2 years later) I got sick of all the damn sounds the springs would make. I took them out and sold them, stating they were for 96-00 civics. Well, I was disappointed when I looked at the part number on the springs, they were for the 92-95 civics. :( sometimes shops can do stupid crap like that

Wow - I hope thats not what happened to me - any way I can check to be 100% sure?

Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
    Wow - I hope thats not what happened to me - any way I can check to be 100% sure?
    check the eibach box the springs came in, see if there is a part number anywhere. Or take off a rim and look at your springs. The part number will be white in bold letters and numbers

ephatch member
    I got RSX sportlines and I can't complain

ephatch member
    The Eibach Pro-Kit part # is 4056.140

I just checked my Eibach box part #, and it's that one, made for the Si/SiR.

ZERO noise so far.

Damnit! What did we (my uncle and myself) do wrong!!?? I even purchased the 2002 Si service manual to make CERTAIN we did everything by the book which I can personally vouch for. This as opposed to taking the word of a mecahnic. I am hearing a noticeable crunching/vibrating sound coming almost entirely from the passenger rear corner but once in a while from the driver side rear as I travel over undulations and dips in the road and when I make tight turns. I matched up the 02' Si Eibach Pro-Kit part # to the one you gave, Mechaic, so they ARE the correct springs! This is starting to really irritate me. ANY theories or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.

Grrr! I got to get the correct type of freaking springs now...all that work for nothing. Going to pay someone to do it next time around.

Do we know for sure what part numbers to use for all the spring makers that currently have them for the EP? I need to get the correct springs ASAP.

Originally posted by HondaMan
    Grrr! I got to get the correct type of freaking springs now...all that work for nothing. Going to pay someone to do it next time around.

Do we know for sure what part numbers to use for all the spring makers that currently have them for the EP? I need to get the correct springs ASAP.
    well, I don't know the ones for neuspeed. As for eibach, just go to eibachs site and when you want to look at springs for our car select a 2003 Honda Civic Si. They don't show the springs under 2002.
    As for H&R, they didn't give me a part number, plus they aren't out yet.

Neuspeed reps didn't know the part number yet because it just came out, even though they don't list it on the site.

Progress, well, I don't know the part number, but go to www.optauto.com and go to suspension,springs,honda,civic, and scroll down on the 3rd page (I think) and you'll see the springs that are made for our cars. It list a 1.8 and 1.5 drop

oh Hondaman here are some pics of progress springs (the right ones) on one of our cars...it's not too much of a drop, so I thought maybe that's what you would like, I might go with them also

side pic

front

rear

stock

I fixed the links....hopefully
    Last edited by 02SilverSiHB; 09-05-2002 at 09:33 AM.

oh yeah, those are pics of SiCivic2k2 car

Ok, progress springs will work...that looks perfect cause I get some bottoming out over big dips/bumps. Thx!

Originally posted by HondaMan
    Ok, progress springs will work...that looks perfect cause I get some bottoming out over big dips/bumps. Thx!
    yeah, I had the same problem with those wrong springs I had. They just weren't high enough of a spring rate. Not to mention the stock shocks didn't have enough room to move. I probably would have needed new shocks within about 3 months with those previous springs.

I'll be getting the new ones here in a couple of days.

H&R's aren't out yet? I bought mine from Options months ago. The gave me a part # specific to the Si. I had some trouble with the shop I used to install them, and when I spoke to H&R directly they never said anything about me having the wrong springs. So far the springs I have in there work great, but now I'm gonna call them to make sure. I'm at work, but I think I remember the part number as being HR-51466, not sure though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information