Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ephatch member
    Originally posted by EnJaNir
    the CF dashkit is OEM honda, it consists of 4 pieces, 2 which cover the vents, the one that goes around the stick, and the one that goes around the radio..very good fitment, and i think it looks good

I had "the best" kit before but didnt care for it, so i had the store which did my install order a different one. I honestly couldnt tell you which one it is, i will be going home on sat, and could find out for you though and try to get a part number

the dash kit is not needed to do the stereo install, but it is just the piece that basically fills the gap in the dash(because of the stock radios shape), you can also use it for a double din install..etc etc hope that helps, im sure someoone else may beable to explain it better
    Thanks for the explaination. You've been very helpful. Do you know if the double din will fit a head unit and a VAFC2? Because it seems as though the bottom is a lot smaller than the one on top. What do you thinK?

if you use the double din..it actually is a different piece from my understanding, so that they will both be the same size

ephatch member

newbie here...

questions about subs...

1. do i need an amp to hook up a sub? i am currently using the alpine 9815 hu

2. how big a sub do you guys recommend? i don't want one that will take up the size of my trunk... just something that's small and snug and will fit nicely in a corner (you guys have any pics of subs in the back of your car?)

thanks!

1) yes you need a sub inorder to power the sub
    2) its really preference, a 10" i feel will sound very good in a sealed box for nice tight clean bass, you could also go with a 12" if you want it a little deeper and louder..i would suggest going to a store..and listening to a few different setups in a "loud room" or something equivalent, and kinda get what you like

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information