Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

Question Spoon Low Position Seat Slider???

I just noticed that www.spoon-sports.com has a low position seat slider for the EP Type-R. They say it works with the stock seats to lower the seating position. I'm 6'4 and sometimes can hit my head on the ceiling on bumpy roads with an upright seat. Does anyone know anything about this product? Where to get one? Would it help with headroom? Will it fit our Si's?

The slider is on the Interior/Exterior page right under the Carbon Bucket Seat.

Thanks!

4u2nv
    i dont know if that will work, but i want to know. im only 6 foot and my head is realy close to the ceiling, so i would ordera set if i knew they would fit

ephatch member
    Well, I'll start making some inquiries and report back here once I find out anything.

hell yeah, spoon stuff.

4u2nv
    Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
    Well, I'll start making some inquiries and report back here once I find out anything.
    hell yeah, as soon as you find anything let me know. im going to try to find some info too

lets do a group buy i want one to

ephatch member
    Well, I got an email from Alan at A&J Racing. He said that :

"The seat slider does not fit the stock seat. They are built for the Spoon Carbon Bucket Seats."

So I am pretty disappointed about that. Their web page is misleading though because it says:

"This lowers the factory Recaro seat position on Type R applications by about 5 cm."

The word "factory" has me confused because the Carbon seat isn't the factory seat for the Type R is it?

Anyway, I was impressed by his quick response and will probably look to them for other stuff in the future. Has anyone had any good or bad experienceswith A&J?

ephatch member
    Another update from Alan with A&J Racing. Apparently there is a low position seat slider available for the stock seats, but it only works on the right side, there are no left hand drive applications. :(

Oh well. I do fit in the SI, but another inch or so would be great.
    I'm 6'4" and everyone always says to me "It must be nice to be that tall!"
    But it really isnt for car enthusiasts. Why can't car companies build cars for taller people? The average height in America is growing, people are getting taller. I'd love to buy a Miata, but if I did I wouldn't be able to drive it. Lots of other cars that I like have no headroom either: Porsche Boxster, Acura RSX, Audi TT, and on and on! It's discrimination I say, I'm going to start a movement, we'll have a rally on the White House lawn. Surely I could get some NBA players to join my cause? It could be called the "Million Tall Person March!":D

Any more information?

Has anyone found something like this, that will work for are seats.

gpt
    Another update from Alan with A&J Racing. Apparently there is a low position seat slider available for the stock seats, but it only works on the right side, there are no left hand drive applications. :(

Oh well. I do fit in the SI, but another inch or so would be great.
    I'm 6'4" and everyone always says to me "It must be nice to be that tall!"
    But it really isnt for car enthusiasts. Why can't car companies build cars for taller people? The average height in America is growing, people are getting taller. I'd love to buy a Miata, but if I did I wouldn't be able to drive it. Lots of other cars that I like have no headroom either: Porsche Boxster, Acura RSX, Audi TT, and on and on! It's discrimination I say, I'm going to start a movement, we'll have a rally on the White House lawn. Surely I could get some NBA players to join my cause? It could be called the "Million Tall Person March!":D
    I'm with you - I would love to have a really low seat rally style - lowers the centre of gravity and when you weigh 230lbs like me that would make a difference:D

It would just be great to see the tach/speedo through the wheel.

ephatch member
    Yeah, I've given up actually seeing the tach and speedo needles. I try to judge by where the base of the needle is pointing. I just hope I dont get pulled over.

Cop: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
    Me: "No Officer, i don't have a clue. You see, Honda discriminates against tall people and made this car so I can't see the gauges."
    Cop: "Quit whining, here's your ticket":(

Yeah, I've given up actually seeing the tach and speedo needles. I try to judge by where the base of the needle is pointing. I just hope I dont get pulled over.

Cop: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
    Me: "No Officer, i don't have a clue. You see, Honda discriminates against tall people and made this car so I can't see the gauges."
    Cop: "Quit whining, here's your ticket":(
    bahahaha
    I'm pretty short, but I wish my seats were lower...I feel like I'm driving a via bus due to seat height...

try this link and do your research on these:
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...threadid=22406

Originally posted by BlasTech
    It would just be great to see the tach/speedo through the wheel.
    amen.

I just went and bought a frickin pivot small tach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information