Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16's or 17's?!

ephatch member

Question 16's or 17's?!

Hi guys, do you guys think 16's are too small? Should i go with 17's? I heard that 17's slow your car down, while 16's are closer to stock. I was thinking to go for 16's because the rims are a bit lighter - btw, I'm getting volk SE37s, PLUS 16's are helluva lot cheaper than than the 17's. I'm kind of set on 16's, but if you guys can give me the pros and cons of 17s and 16s. TY

I wish I had gone with 16's. Kick myself in the ass all the time for that. So stay with those 16's especially the type you are getting. Get some falken azenis tires :D you handle way better than with the stock rim/tires

ephatch member
    I think 17's would be a little better for cornering. The 16's would be better for the 1/4 mile while still being better than stock for cornering. Seems like 16's are middle ground for both aspects of performance. I say go for the 16's.

Originally posted by trabadoo22
    I think 17's would be a little better for cornering. The 16's would be better for the 1/4 mile while still being better than stock for cornering. Seems like 16's are middle ground for both aspects of performance. I say go for the 16's.
    I've noticed that wider smaller rims are better than the 17's for autocrossing. They handle way better because they are light and have much better steering response. The 17's just lug around on the track.

15's or 16's all the way for any type of racing.

ephatch member
    Hmm. Sorry about that then.

ephatch member
    Thanks for the replies, I guess I will go for 16's then. BTW, I've been seeing a lot of black EPs with Bronze rims in my area, I think i'll go against the grain and get black on black - what do you guys think about that?

black car with broze rims rocks
    i would go with 17s..

al4t1gbundy
    17's

LOL Im getting the same rims...... and yea im going with the 16's because they are cheaper and perform a little bit better so I guess its black/bronze for me.

By the way is 1350 a good price for these in 16's with good tires on them i believe they are like falkens with 2000 miles on them

DAMN

jspek.com_ep3
    Originally posted by al4t1gbundy
    17's
    17's? really??? hmm im kinda digging the 15" Mugen Mf10L mirror faces i have with azenis tires

btw incase you dont know who this is..think all mugen rsx..lol...this is my gf's screen name she got a ep3 now!

Originally posted by Acidburn
    Thanks for the replies, I guess I will go for 16's then. BTW, I've been seeing a lot of black EPs with Bronze rims in my area, I think i'll go against the grain and get black on black - what do you guys think about that?
    black always looks good if done right :)

ephatch member
    Black and Bronze rims look great, but there are like 20 black EP3s with bronze rims! BUT, I haven't seen any black on black EP3s here. I live in LA, mind you. 16's are great, I have my mind set on 16's. NOW to figure out what tires to get. BTW, do you guys think 225's are too wide? also, you think 45 is too big a sidewall?

ephatch member
    in general 17's look better imo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information