Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

My Greddy kit dyno #'s

Finally had a chance to dyno my kit and these where the results.

1)180 whp / 160 ft-tq @ only 6psi and 100+ degree weather in the shop! Also no IC

2) Dyno numbers with just the add on of the IC and still at 6.5psi back then(2-3months ago) were, 215whp and 200 tq.

3) NEW DYNO #S WITH THE HELP OF HONDATA :) 231.1whp/208.5tq and still at 6.5 psi.

4)It made 260whp/224tq @ 8psi

Last edited by ep_nezay; 03-10-2004 at 04:11 PM.

Thought he looked famliar! What happened to his crazy hurr y0.

what size turbo comes with that kit?

Thumbs up

nice turbo! Do you like it or regret buying it.how does your car feel? Also where do u live because I live in buena park cali and need a shop to tune and install the kit.thanks for your help.:p

ssvr6
    I don't know, it seems really under powered for 6psi. I realize that it's not intercooled (not sure if that's safe or not), but for the money I would have just saved up and gone with a full kit from someone else.

Steve

Hmm... 180 whp. That's in line with the JRSC dynos that I have seen. Not too bad, but not too good either.

And oh yeah, what kind of wheels are those? What do they weigh? Etc.

(Maybe the bling wheels are keeping the whp down?)
    Last edited by FailureToStop; 08-29-2003 at 11:08 AM.

Work Motion CR's tightest rims evar!!

You need to tune that pig.
    Have him tune it up to like 8-9 psi w/o the IC, or as high as you can go w/o leaning out or getting detonation.
    Dr. Charles knows what he's doing.
    I'm willing to bet you can get 220hp+ w/o the IC.
    My old GReddy kit on my 96 EX made only 155hp w/ no tuning and no IC at the stock boost level (5.5psi)- I was pissed when I ran a 15.8 w/ the turbo.
    After some tuning and 9psi that number bumped to almost 200hp and my 1/4 mi dropped into the 14's.
    Eventually after adding an IC and more fuel/spark w/ a thicker headgasket (lower C.R.) at 14psi I made 289hp and ran low 13's on street tires.

Keep your head up...that kit has A L O T of potential.

Good luck!

Originally posted by ssvr6
    I don't know, it seems really under powered for 6psi. I realize that it's not intercooled (not sure if that's safe or not), but for the money I would have just saved up and gone with a full kit from someone else.

Steve
    im going to have to agree. not trying to knock the whole Greddy kit and all...but seriously. for the price of that kit and what he will have to pay later for the intercooler upgrade, the power isnt really impressive. i mean i think its a great kit for anyone that wants to bolt up a kit and be happy with 180whp. but everyone that has gone turbo continues to want more and more. i dont see the room to upgrade this kit. with intercooler i dont see it making more than 230whp. after that i think there are going to be some issues with replacing everything and by then...its no longer a "greddy" kit. im putting down 267-269whp on 5.5psi now. either way...welcome to the boost club!

ephatch member
    I personally like my T3-T4 for the potential of high boost levels! You'll definately need an IC but still wouldn't boost 10psi. on stock internals. I heard that there are crank bearings for our car and then stiffen up the pistons and rods and crank that bitch up to 20psi. at 350 to 400 whp., I'm sure that this i the route for me within the next 6 months. Hey rev wheels how is that clutch masters stage 3?

its really weird...i have to get it adjusted, it engages too quickly but when it does its a beast. 1st gear is basically worthless because all it does it spin it hard. but hey...i can chirp 4th!:D

Originally posted by REVwheels
    what size turbo comes with that kit?
    Comes with a T517Z turbo.

Originally posted by kcx23
    nice turbo! Do you like it or regret buying it.how does your car feel? Also where do u live because I live in buena park cali and need a shop to tune and install the kit.thanks for your help.:p
    Im really happy with the kit, do not regret buying it at all.
    Its a totally different car, Ill tell you that much.
    I got my kit installed at Raceline in temple city and dunoed at Autolink in Arcadia. My car will be getting tuned there after the IC install.
    Last edited by ep_nezay; 08-29-2003 at 11:11 PM.

Originally posted by ssvr6

Steve
    If I wanted to make a drag car, I would of saved more money. Since its going to be a track car, it will have enough power that I wont have problems putting it down. After Im finished with the IC, more boost and tunned.
    Also, for not having to pay 2k more on a kit and a clutch upgrade with install in order to have the CN kit run right, Im very happy with what Ive got :)
    I rather have 2.6k extra in my pocket and have a soon to be carb. legal kit(important in Cali). I have enough problems already with my not streetlegal EG.
    Afterall, I will be putting that power to use and will have plenty of it to take me around the track.

PS- Untill I see a CN kit in the westside making the numers you are making, I will be impressed. Untill then, Dr Charles and I will still be thinking you guys are boosting more than 7.5 on dynos.
    Also, what are your plans for your car? just make it fast?
    Last edited by ep_nezay; 08-30-2003 at 12:01 AM.

Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
    You need to tune that pig.

Keep your head up...that kit has A L O T of potential.

Good luck!
    Yes, it will be getting tunned soon, I just wanted to see what it did after with ONLY the install.
    I know it has alot of potential, just people havent seen what a kit with no IC and a cat can do yet:)
    We'll see, right Adam? ;)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information