Close

Thread: uneven waxing?

uneven waxing?

when i'm taking off the cleaner wax on my car, it seems kinda oily...and when i look at it at different angles, it seems to be...splotches of wax, or an uneven color! what am i doing wrong? i heard if you spray some water on it, it will even it out some more...i don't know what to do! :(

probably applyin the coats overlapping each other and i used to have this problem. but just with my scratch remover.

Try using a super thin coat. And, if your doing the traditional swirl method, try going in straight lines following the flow of the air.

What brand are you using? I know the with the Meguiar's mirror glaze line (the tan bottles) the recommended method is do your whole car, wait 15-20 minutes and then buff off. Those directions come straight from a Meguiar's employee.

Remember, less is definately more when it comes to waxing your car.

Also, spaying water and rebuffing or using quick detailer should get those oily areas evened out.

Oh yeah, if you use scratch remover after you wax, you'll have to rewax. The scratch remover will remove any wax you got on that area.

Thread Information