21 27.27%
  • Get the Alpine!

44 57.14%
  • The JVC looks good!

6 7.79%
  • I got a different suggestion...

6 7.79%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Did you ISO mount, or use the DIN sleeve? There are no screws in mine at all.

If I could change the angle I would, but I am seriously thinking of getting a new Clarion DXZ835, which would let me change colors to match the interior of my EP, and also has a negative screen image, which is better in sunlight.

I love my Alpine though!

sabrownfl

Nail-batter Moderator SiR Medic's Avatar
    On the sides of the head unit, (make sure the domestic car adaptor sleeve is off) there should be several screw holes.

When you place the HU in the proper way, you should have two screw holes lined up on each side that match with the factory screw-holes.

Above the FRONT holes on the HU, there should be be another screw hole... These are the ones I used. This resulted in the head unit only being secured by 2 screws instead of 4, but it is still plenty solid. It also angles the rear of the unit up about 30 degrees, and makest the display much more readable in sunlight.

Screw here
    . |
    .__V_________________
    |..O.................|
    |..O.............O...|
    |__^_________________|
    . |
    . |
    Not here
    Last edited by SiR Medic; 11-02-2003 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks. I have misplaced the screws that came with the H/U, so mine is mounted in the sleeve. Looks like it is off to the hardware store to find some screws that will fit...

Circuit City did my install since the car was brand new and I did not want to make any mistakes. Instead they scratched the hell out of my dash (but replaced it with a new one.) I am sure they did it the quick and easy way, so now I'll go back and do it right!

sabrownfl

Thumbs up Pioneer al the way

PIONEER all the way man. Alot of my friends have pioneer and its great quality. The man is right about the green but i personally think it looks badass. But yea in quality wise id definately say Pioneer bro.

i would say the clarion dxz735 or dxz835. they are both nice HU and i am gettin the dxz735 in jan. when i start my system. i like how they have multiple color choices and u could change the color everyday for 3 months without seeing a new color. it looks great too.

My JVC + Pict display. Repping ephatch.com all the way:shadesm:

I really wish I had picked up the "model up" from my JVC deck. I'm kicking myself for not having the MP3 function. And after seeing ATRIOTS pic....I wish I had the downloadable pic feature too. That's sickass!

Yeah 10 hours of music on a $.50 cent Cd is fuckin great. The only thing is my car is littered with them, i just burn a new one depending on my mood pretty much every day. Yeah camera Pans across the pic of the EP while the www.ephach.com stays stationary. Its pretty cool but kinda limited feature.

mmm.. homer simpson lips davidc81's Avatar
    sir medic, where did u get the silver dash kit? did you paint it?

Originally posted by TripleJ02
    Id say go wit eclipse. They are said to make the best head units available for sound.
    agree..but they also cost ALOT but if you really enjoy your music and dont mind spending the money go for the eclipse

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information