• Yes it sucks

67 16.92%
  • Yes it sucks for modding, but not a bad engine

93 23.48%
  • No

236 59.60%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Last edited by klik; 03-01-2004 at 01:08 AM.

Your engine does not suck but you should still Trade it on a Type-S :D It is so worth it!

Install the six speed out of the type s into your car simple bolt in and that evens out the gearing and well you have the trans out maybe change the final drive ratio a bit there are many more things that lead to speed besides the engine, try reducing some weight or even different tires as some tires have different rolling resistances. Also if your car is lowered and you haven't installed camber kits you may be scuffing your tires resulting in lower straight line speed.

The k-series engine does not suck. It is a 2 liter engine that cranks out great power for its size. As far as our car goes, it is fair to criticize the engine's implementation, but not the engine itself. Yes, Honda easily could have given us more power, but they didnt. But think about it, what "sucks" about a bulletproof engine that delivers smooth and consistent power and just loves to gobble up the redline?!

ephatch member
    Try building a monster by switching the head and cams? Intake and exaust are just the beginning, you have to get creative and maybe you shold take that swap money and turbo like I did and start taking out V-8s, I didn't mind losing the previous mods at all, a most recent example is the whopping of a 40th anniversery vette.

ephatch member
    well the the k20a3 is kinda disappointing with out FI, needs a turbo bad. (my SiR mainly for show though...) i got a 93 Civic HB with B18C j spec for speed :) that thing flies LOL

i perfer the b18c cuz its more power n less emissions friendly and burns more gas :) more powah haha :)

but the SiR gots more style for sure 100x more looks and it feels better on cornering.

Our engines do not suck. Come on not for nothin there arent to many 2.0 n/a cars that can crank out 160... in this price range... and these engines do repsond realy well to mods...after intake header and a Rigged exhaust lol i cranked out 155 whp 132wtq.. not bad i think.... but i do feel that this engine does have perfect boost setup.. so soon i will boost away:D

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Hachiman
    I'm happy with what I've got. I'm not looking to be the fastest car on the street, heck I don't even race. I just wanted a fun car to drive on the street and on the track, and that's what I got.

All my money is going into suspension mods anyways.
    Same here man! If your pockets can keep up with every mods/swaps and aftermarket parts then you could have the meanest most badass car on the street. Or buy a serious car with a serious engine. I bought this car because it was decent enough. Personally if I had money I would go turbo. The stock engine is the heart of my car I wouldnt want to replace it, besides too much headaches.

2 cents :D

haha, stop whining about our engine...i raced my friends yellow ls integra the other night, he has over 4K in basic upgrades...(intake cams headers exhaust, wires, all the small things)...we started at 20MPH and i pulled on him like a motherfu****, my k20a3 kept strong and he pulled out...i had him atleast until 110, what im trying to say is that i beat him stock and a3's arent that bad

alright i got to clear up a few things....

why the hell do people complain about weight???

the ep3 is rated at 2750lbs, the integra gsr is 2650lbs, the integra ls and old civic si are 2600lbs. i dont understand what the big deal is? its like 150-200lbs at most, who the F*k cares

the second thing is... our ep3s were built like the integra LS, where the Type S was built like the gsr. the ep3s and the ls are made for boost and the gsr/typeS are made for n/a.

who cares about turbo if u cant afford it.... has anyone tryed to see the potential with nitrous? we should be able to run a much bigger shot than the type S

i drive an rx7.
    *shudder* nitrous.. lol. not for me.

100 lbs makes a BIG difference. 100 lbs is about a tenth of a second in a 0-60 drag.
    think: what does it take to add 100 lbs to a car?
    answer: alot of crap. that hundred lbs means more bracing and stronger frame and whatnot, but some of us believe that its not necesarry for the added weight.
    also. cars seem to be getting heavier. the 89 civic didnt even tip 2k lbs. the older ek and eg's are like 2100 lbs. now we got a big fat civic si that tips the scales at 2700 lbs. i wish it could just be lighter. a 2100 lb car with 160 horses goes faster than a 2700 lb car with 160 horses

K20 A3 does not suck

When the EP3 Si cars first came out in 2002, there were no companies doing aftermarket turbos or superchargers yet. But now that the car has been out for a few years, we are starting to see some forced-induction kits. I bought a new Civic Si (D16) back in 1994 and it was the same story. Only mild bolt-on parts were available, and even with an exhaust, an intake and a Dinan chip my car did not feel that quick. But a few years later there were more serious power parts available, including swap kits.

Strap a good turbo kit onto the K20A3 and it will scoot a lot faster. Good things come to those who wait!

-Gdub-

ephatch member
    I got a 03 Si with aem cai, dc sports 4:1 header. I ran a type S, i stayed on his bumper untill 3rd. Once into 3rd he pulled about a car lenght and a half on me. But once i got into 4th I started gaining on him, then we had to back off. I think if we would have kept going maybe I'd caught him.We need better tires and more revs along with exaust side V tec. Still a great car with ALOT of potential, just be patient. I do plan a a2 swap.

The whole reason we're on the Type-S until 3rd is their lack of good TQ and their revs. You have to figure that once you hit the middle of 3rd he's just coming out of 2nd, then their 3rd gear is like our second gear in terms of how hard it pulls. Hence the rocket ship effect once off the line.

A Type-S with the right I/H/E puts down over 210 HP to the wheels. Their Hondata also adds around 20hp throughout the whole RPM band and increases their already higher 7900 redline to 8600 (the Toda ECU flash for the type-s raises the redline to 9000!!!)

Boost is your only real hope of seeing a Type-S's headlights behind you in a race. And even then pray they haven't mounted a JRSC (+~90 hp for the Type-S) or thier own turbo kit (again around ~90-100) or they'll be so far ahead you woun't be able to read "Type-S" off the back of thier car.

Read clubrsx sometime. Between the bickering matches there is actualy some good info on their cars. forums.clubrsx.com

I'm thinking myself of trading up to a RSX.

Just my 2c.

i just put "yes" cause we dont have real ivtec or the six speed to go with it. i could be a lot happier with performance ivtec w/ more revs over this econo crap... the extra gear wouldnt be all that bad either.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information