396. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it sucks

67 16.92%
  • Yes it sucks for modding, but not a bad engine

93 23.48%
  • No

236 59.60%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    the k20a3 is a decent building block. the only major problem is the stock head, wish it came with the a2 head. vtec is what makes the hondas so friggin great having different size cams in the same engine! getting the low end torque of a street profile and the high end pull of a performance cam. you do have to remember you could go out and spend 30k on a 350z or you could take that $ and put 11k into your motor and whomp the sh#t out of the nissan. i will say i am impressed that these little motors have no problem handling double the stock hp on stock internals!

K20A3 needs boost!

I agree with the majority of everyone, I like our car.
    First off it's pretty rare to see, not as common as the focus zx3 or the Civic LX and EX you see out there, I don't see them as much out here in Jersey.

Second it does have some nice torque, I wish it didn't rev as high in 5th geer or they gave this car a 6th gear but all in all I can put a hurting on some cars around here.

And there are some nifty things we can do to our cars.

I agree I don't want a drag racer, I just want something that goes fast in the turns.
    I'm one of those guys you see on TV that seems to just sorta meld with the car and rip into turns with a Sh!t eating grin on my face.

I LOVE MY EGG DAMMIT!

Just give the engine some time, there will be many many parts out for it like the b16's. I love my motor and love my car!!

Originally posted by k20hatch
    Just give the engine some time, there will be many many parts out for it like the b16's. I love my motor and love my car!!
    Exactly...!!!;)

I think that the A3 motor is a good motor it most certainly uses the torque well. I think besides the horse power difference the RSX has much closer gear ratios alowing it to utilize the high RPMs Vtec that honda produces so well. I guess in some ways the Si and RSX can be looked at like Integra LS VS Integra GSR. However both have Vtec.

I Wasn't Speeding Officer

EP is the shit !

Of course there are better and faster cars out there.
    Someones always gonna have something bigger and better than you.
    If I could afford it I would be rollin a STI but I can't, but that doesn't mean my engine sucks and my car is a piece of shit.
    I love my EP !!!!:D

OK this is just what I think the A3 is a great great engine to add a FI set up and the A2 is a great N/A Engine.
    I honestly thing the A2 guys that are running boost will accually run into more probs then the A3 guys in the long run. But hands down the A2 is better for N/A and A3 better for FI.
    Just my 2

patiently waiting... SLOazzEPhatch's Avatar
    i love my car and my motor. Granted i feel a little shafted when it come to the A3 vs. the A2, but i also am paying about 240 a month for my car...can any RSX type-S owners say that? Plus i plan swapping in a type-S head, putting in a Hondata IM gasket, having the type-S ECU reflashed, Magna-flow exhuast, and DC headers. I think that takes care of the money i saved with buying this car over a Type-S:p

Originally posted by eggot
    the k20a3 is a very fuckin laggy engine in my opionion when i first had the car it had more pep. the engine seems like it loses power after 10,000 miles . i dunno honda sucks there fun but like other people say its not a race car its a daily driven car thats suposed to b fun to drive. u want a fast car get a mustang or a supra. lol otherwise be thankfull for what u got and stop complain
    First, IMO, mustangs are pieces of shit, or at least look like it. They are heavy as hell, and they look like hell. Only Mustang worth buying is the Cobra and or Saleen, and we cant afford the Saleen. For the price of a cobra, get something lighter and kick its ass all day. Supra on the other hand is a fucking nice ass car and looks good. Just my opinion.

Our motors Suck. If you want power swap K20a.

Quote Originally Posted by 02SiFoLife
    Of course there are better and faster cars out there.
    Someones always gonna have something bigger and better than you.
    If I could afford it I would be rollin a STI but I can't, but that doesn't mean my engine sucks and my car is a piece of shit.
    I love my EP !!!!:D
    My sentiments exactly! :D

i think our engines don't suck but they could use more power and true vtec like the type s. yes u can't really compare the rsx-s to our cars but u can compare a gsr to them. i drove one the other day and i beleive our cars pull harder but goin to 8000rpm is so much more fun and so it vtec. i am def. doing the type-s swap down the road.

This is exactly why i have stopped modding my ep....The ratio of dollars spent to performance gains and returns is just not worth it... Granted i like the ep and it is a great car but the potential is just not there unless ur willing to shell out thousands of dollars to build the car up... I decided this past month to just save the money and in may when i graduate to pick up a wrx sti and have a car that out of the box does the quarter in 13.3 and has awd for the jersey winters.....But for 17,000 dollars this is a very comfortalbe and fun car to have. The ep is unique and somewhat rare but for a daily driver and a car that visits substantial rain and snow it is just not pracitical to spend the money required to get the power when it leads to many reliability issues... just my thoughts.

for those of you that aren't fans of our power output.. just go for a ride in a greddy turbo EP once.. ONCE..

absolutely smooth, linear power power delivery that will chirp 3rd gear with R compound tires.. STILL gets 22 MPG average.

I paid 15 for the EP, 4 for the turbo and IC installed, and I'll put it head to head against any other 19K car out there and eat it alive.. while still being more reliable with better gas mileage. And we have a gorgeous interior with great seats, a meaty stearing wheel, etc.

as far as weight goes.. this EP has so much of a stiffer chassis than any civic ever made before.. the old ones are like driving a wet noodle in comparison. Why does that matter? when you build the suspension and everything else for racing.. the frame is your limiting factor.

I routinely destroy much more expensive cars on the autox courses in my EP.. and i'm not that experienced a driver and am the only one in my class still using azenis tires while everyone else has R compound. EVOs, WRX's, S2000, 350Z's, even the R32 GTi.. all getting schooled..

EP does just fine

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information