• Yes it sucks

67 16.92%
  • Yes it sucks for modding, but not a bad engine

93 23.48%
  • No

236 59.60%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Banned
    The only thing I really am disappointed about is our gas mileage. I on average get about 27mpg, best I ever did was 28.... While my friend has the Fa5, which has 40 more horses and gets 30-32mpg regularly... WTF! Yea...

That.... and the new Si's cost the same thing off the lot as brand new ep3's did back in the day, and the newer Si's have better suspension, have LSD, and 40 more Hp.

All in all... we got screwed!

Quote Originally Posted by humpmasterflex View Post
    The only thing I really am disappointed about is our gas mileage. I on average get about 27mpg, best I ever did was 28.... While my friend has the Fa5, which has 40 more horses and gets 30-32mpg regularly... WTF! Yea...

That.... and the new Si's cost the same thing off the lot as brand new ep3's did back in the day, and the newer Si's have better suspension, have LSD, and 40 more Hp.

All in all... we got screwed!
    If you read this thread you see alot of people say they are disappointed with the performance of their A3 and those posts are from years ago before this newest gen of Si was released. Looks to me like Honda heard the enthusiasts outcry about the EP3s performance and answered with exactly what they wanted: More power, Helical LSD, 6-speed transmission etc...

Now just throw a new Si motor in the EP and its a sweet little hatchback! Turbo does seem like a popular route for a considerable gain in horses atleast for a fun daily driver. I'm sure just like D series fanatics I know some people will swear that their K20A3 is awesome and there will be fully built and boosted screamers out there surprising people.

it sucks that the v-tech isnt really controlled by diff cam profiles .....besides that i think that everyone should give theyre a3 a good chance before considering an a2 swap

I guess one could say its not the worst, but definitely not the best Honda Motor

Granted it's not as nice as the other K20 engines out there but for a DD it's a nice car. I find it very economical.

Let this give some perspective to the A3s: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45392

i think our engine sucks in terms of performance.
    but it's good for an econobox

Quote Originally Posted by Trimix View Post
    Granted it's not as nice as the other K20 engines out there but for a DD it's a nice car. I find it very economical.

Let this give some perspective to the A3s: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45392

this thread is a great read. the link anyway.

this engine does not suck. the only reason people think this engine sucks is because of the existence of the k20a2. otherwise this is one of the better engines for current hondas. it likes upgrades and can take A LOT of abuse. i've thrown a lot of abuse at my car. i currently have a full catless stainless exhaust, a custom cold air intake, and 6spd swap. this car beats my friends 2012 si with cai and catback easily on the drag strip. overall, this car has its quarks, but is reliable, easy to modify, relatively fuel efficient (about 34hwy, 25city), can be fast with a few upgrades. that said, my only complaint about this car is that it came with a 5sp. i swapped the 6sp and it was a night and day difference.
    Last edited by modu03; 03-07-2013 at 08:06 PM.

holy old thread

jesus let it die. the a3 BLOCK is only good for building other than that its just a lil k that couldn't. can't break 200hp without higher cr pistons and a head swap. the head flows like poo. can't rev safely beyond 8k. no forged anything. junk motor. once you drive anything else K series you'll hate the a3.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information