Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shift Light

Shift Light

Wasup homies, well today i bought a shift light and i was wondering if any of you guys knew how to put it on out cars not other cars "OUR CARS EP HATCH". i know where to put the ground and the positive but i dont kno where to put the green one i know it should go t othe rpm thing but where, can someone put pic's or detailed instructions? aight i'm out peace

Why would you even want to add a "Shift Light", those things are annoying as hell.

Still Around...
    Why would you even want to add a "Shift Light", those things are annoying as hell.
    They are very useful for drag racing.

m0ns00n
    Heh, I've never drag raced but there's not alot else to do besides go straight, watch the rev needle, and shift is there?

:D

<ducks>

Still Around...
    I guess the only platform I have is - try it.

That needle-is-a-flyin'! And we're talking about trying to get 1/10's or 1/100's of seconds off of your best time.

A light is much easier to keep things in check with the rpm. Especially off the launch. Try watching a moving light-tree outside the car while watching your tach and launching and trying to watch the road too. It may be a little tougher than you think.

umm ok...

i didnt' ask what you thought about me putting a shift light i asked if you know how to install one in our cars .

besides, as the RPM gets higher, the needle gets inaccurate when I try to shift right at fuel cutoff.

so does anyone know which is the RPM wire in the ecu??

Re: umm ok...

Originally posted by 9092002SI
    i didnt' ask what you thought about me putting a shift light i asked if you know how to install one in our cars .
    word!!

on my other hatch, i tapped it to this blue wire on the top right hand side of the engine. I think honda used that wire for test purposes.

Originally posted by DynaSpeed
    They are very useful for drag racing.
    Given the car is used more for driving then "drag racing", they are still annoying and useless, IMHO.

9092002SI;

Sorry for not being able to answer your question and getting a bit off the topic.

"on my other hatch, i tapped it to this blue wire on the top right hand side of the engine. I think honda used that wire for test purposes"

if im correct the blue wire you are refering to was in the bundle going to the distributor, it will not be anywhere near the same as on our ep's so dont just go out there and tap into a "blue wire", dont be cheap.! go to your local autozone pepboys etc, get the helms manual for your car, or better yet just order a service manual from your local dealership..If you dont want to do those you could always call the honda dealership and ask to speak to a technician and ask what color wire/location of the tach signal wire... --joe

JDM TOOL

Thumbs up

Right on Mr. Spoon...listen to us dont be cheap about it and start splicing into ur electrical system without knowing what ur doing!!! Buy a Helms manual is what I think you should do!!!

on my other hatch, i tapped it to this blue wire on the top right hand side of the engine. I think honda used that wire for test purposes

Sorry but that will not work on our cars....we have no "blue" wire.

I will check my Helms tonight and see what I can find.

yack- who's race kar has a pencil shift light in the dash vents to tell him where 9,100rpm is.

Yes i found it!!!!!!!!

hey guys i found it lol it took me like 3 hours to find the wire. anyways this wire is on the top left of our cars if your are sittin in the driver side. it is a blue wire running by itself. it is right by the head light. and it's right there very visible.

thanks for tryin anyways
    Russ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information