Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If they stole my car I don't know if I'd *want* it back...

I mean, wouldn't it be all vandalized and ripped apart?

GhettoSamurai
    The thieves when they took my car slashed the seats. BAH!
    Lame. . but other than that I think they just went and had a joy ride.

remote start

DEI (the company who owns Clifford, Viper, Python, Automate...) has a new device called the 555I that allows you to do remote start without putting a key in a hidden box. IF I were you, I'd do a DEI alarm. They're by far the best stuff in the industry. I guarantee your Compustar or whatever isn't FCC legal. Not that it matters much to you as a user, but if they get busted they'll be shut down and you can forget about getting your alarm serviced if you ever have a problem! I've seen way too many fly-by-nite security companies come along, then get sued by someone like DEI for patent enfringement, then go under. Stick with the best! The Clifford Solaris will do remote start on a manual trans and is reasonably priced.

Re: remote start

Originally posted by Steve02Si
    DEI (the company who owns Clifford, Viper, Python, Automate...) has a new device called the 555I that allows you to do remote start without putting a key in a hidden box. IF I were you, I'd do a DEI alarm. They're by far the best stuff in the industry. I guarantee your Compustar or whatever isn't FCC legal. Not that it matters much to you as a user, but if they get busted they'll be shut down and you can forget about getting your alarm serviced if you ever have a problem! I've seen way too many fly-by-nite security companies come along, then get sued by someone like DEI for patent enfringement, then go under. Stick with the best! The Clifford Solaris will do remote start on a manual trans and is reasonably priced.
    I don't really care about remote start, although I suppose I'll grow fond of it over time....

Mostly I want something with paging, but not the huge ass, lame looking thing available from DEI or what ever it is. All it does is buzz. I want to know what is going on with my car, because no one really pays attention to car alarms. So, I'd like to know when it's going off. See what I mean?

Audiovox has something kinda like that, but it looks like crap.

I still haven't gotten the Compustar in yet. It's been a matter of time, money, and inconvienence. I have to go to portland and get a rental for the day. So, that blows.

Plus, the thought crossed my mind, that I've never heard of compustar beforet this. I wonder if they will be in business in 10 years.....??

$60 for a click it club :) i dunno suits me fine

pager

DEI has a nice new 2 way system with a remote that will page you when the alarm goes off. The remote has a cool LCD display that will show you which zone is tripped.

Club??? I seriously hope you're kidding. I don't care how strong your club or the lock on it is, your steering wheel is designed to bend in an accident, therefore it's very soft. That means you can cut through it with almost anything, bend it out of the way, and slip the club right off! total waste of money. I've heard of people who've had their cars stolen and found the club laying in the parking spot where they were parked!

Do you have a model number for that?? Please.

I don't use the club, I use an autolock. YOu would have to saw the brake pedal.... a lot harder...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information