Close

Dynamatting yes or no?

Ive been thinkin about the rattles and noises and i want my car to be a lot more quiet than it is right now. I heard that sound deadening is lighter than the stock stuff? I dunno i just want your opinions...

is it possible without making the car TOO much heavier?
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Pimpin' the News Van Jaws Of Death's Avatar
    It shouldn't make your car TOO much heavier. Just go to the store and pick up a roll of dynamat. The weight of the roll in your hand should be the same as the weight of your car. Besides you would have to spend a fortune to add 100lbs of dynamat to your car. Also, if you are worried about rattles and squeaks, putting dynamat behind your door pannels will not get rid of a rattle behind your dash. So, to make a long story short...get the rattle fixed, then dynamat your car, and your stereo will sound better and you won't have quite as much road noise.

wow...THANK YOU. nobody replied to this thread for the longest time. I suppose, it is a stupid newb mistake to post something like this without searching. so im sorry guys.
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

I have brownbread extreme and some permacell Acoustiseal in mine. 50 sq ft of Brownbread extreme is 15 lbs. I think the Acoustiseal is a little heavier, but I have maybe 10 sq ft or that in the car.

Man, what a difference... I say quiet like a cadillac!!!

Jason
    MindChip Industries

Thread Information