Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CreamedCone

Red Anodized Brake Calipers *pics*

I think this is the right forum...if it aint it can be moved.

Anyway, some of you might have seen this if you visit superhonda.com any. Its Plastickote's Anodiz-it line of spray paint. I bought mine at the local discount auto, but it should be available in most autoparts stors. Its a two step system where you first spray on the aluminum look base coat, and then you cover that with either blue or red. I chose red and figured I would post up a few pics. This isn't a "How To", but if you would like one visit superhonda and its on the front page.

Rear w/ just the base coat:

Rear w/ the top coat:

I actually did the fronts a few weeks ago so here is a pic of them after they have dried and gotten alittle dirty, plus as you see I sorta knocked some of the paint off when I changed my wheels for the auto-x.

Passenger side:

Driver side:

Not only would I like to thank superhonda for introducing me to this line of fine products, I would also like to thank my helper, Weezer, with out her I wouldn't have gotten nearly as much exercise during this simple job, RUNNING her off for fear of her jumping on my car, and CARRYING her away after she succeeded.

She is pretty pissed in this pic, she was trying to attack me...damn cat.

I would have posted some pics after I put my wheels back on, but my car really needs a bath, if anyone would like to see them I will post em once I get it clean.

Looks good! But it doesn't have that anodized look to it. Its more of a powdercoat look.

this.setRootCause(last);
    I want a cat!

CreamedCone
    Originally posted by Suk02Si
    Looks good! But it doesn't have that anodized look to it. Its more of a powdercoat look.
    Yea, I could have not put as many coats of the red and it would have looked more anodized, but it was hard getting it to look even with all the odd angles, so yea, it does look a little more powercoated I guess. The rear ones were still wet when I took the pics, so they look more red then they do after they dry. I have a red AEM CAI and the color is an almost exact match. The pics really don't do it justice, in the sunlight they have a nice glimmer to em.

Looks pretty good. Some of the brake painting kits tend to look to plastiky, you know like a thick rubber/plastic coating.

Once you give your car a bath, post some pics with the wheels on. How long did it take? For some reason I can't connect to Superhonda right now.

CreamedCone
    Originally posted by AkronSi
    Looks pretty good. Some of the brake painting kits tend to look to plastiky, you know like a thick rubber/plastic coating.

Once you give your car a bath, post some pics with the wheels on. How long did it take? For some reason I can't connect to Superhonda right now.
    I took my time with it and sanded down the calipers so that they have a smooth look to them, cleaned everything really good, and then gave it several light coats. I worked off and on and probably got done in about 3 hours.

Yea, looks like superhonda is having some troubles, I can't get there either.

I need to cut the grass today, but maybe tomorrow I can wash the EP and get some pics.

high heat ceramic engine paint works just as well on calipers . It comes in many colors and is much cheaper:D

CreamedCone
    Originally posted by blacIIkIIsi
    high heat ceramic engine paint works just as well on calipers . It comes in many colors and is much cheaper:D
    I bought some of that a few months back and never put it on, it was a real bright red and I didn't want that. This stuff has a nice metallic look to it, instead of that pastey look. I used some of that high heat spray on my last honda and it didn't last long, it faded terribly, and this that I have now may do the same thing, time will only tell.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    They look great!

CreamedCone
    OK, didn't ever get time to actually wash my car, so I took it by one of those spray off places(I refuse to use the brush...on the paint that is). I took these right afterwards, in fact the car is still wet.
    Last edited by Hatch, Si Hatch; 09-27-2003 at 03:40 PM.

CreamedCone
    another

CreamedCone
    one more

CreamedCone
    last one

why would you want to draw attention to our pathetically undersized rotors and calipers?

Originally posted by 4g63dsm
    why would you want to draw attention to our pathetically undersized rotors and calipers?
    Haha, i was just wondering the same thing... Oh well... DROP THAT SUCKA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information