Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got drift?

ephatch member

Got drift?

Hvae anybody try to drift in their Ep yet? I know it is hard to loss traction in the nears wheels because ep is FR, but i know we can still have some mad drifting. (at least in Initial-D.B16A Civic TypeR vs. AE86 drifting downhill.) I am a big fan of drifting, but still too scare to try it.

If you have enough balls you can get into a nice 4 corner drift, I personaly don't have them, but i've done it on accident before.

Originally posted by sniperSI
    If you have enough balls you can get into a nice 4 corner drift, I personaly don't have them, but i've done it on accident before.
    not in mine... no matter how hard I go into a turn at the local track I understeer and the nose dips and the inside tire skips and slides ... rear stays planted....

my want list:
    Mugen race suspension
    and a fat rear sway bar... then Ill be a slidin...

the key to drifting fwd cars is coming into the turn FAST. unlike rwd which you would accelerate during the turn to get the wheels lose. for FWD drift, come into the turn really fast downshift or break a bit to transfer weight to the front and turn. if you did it properly the car should follow your front tires and the back should swing out a bit
    I've done these "minidrifts" in my ep before but it has never been strong enough to countersteer.

I was at Shannonville on a clear day after about a week of rain. There was only one puddle left on the track, and it was RIGHT before a hairpin ... anyways, the back end swung out nicely with the tire all wet ... shit my pants :)

But to answer you question ... no ... I didn't have the balls to get it sideways for any high speed corners. It really likes to plow into the corners.

14s without a Hondata
    I've done it twice. First, time on a hill on some ice. Second time in the rain taking a turn on the way home from school with my friend in the car. Its fun but dangerous. I've seen civics fake "drift" with they're e-brakes. some good, mostly horrible.

to bad we cant do the handbrake thing cus we got abs on it

ephatch member

Re: Got drift?

Originally posted by BunnyBunBun
    Hvae anybody try to drift in their Ep yet? I know it is hard to loss traction in the nears wheels because ep is FR, but i know we can still have some mad drifting. (at least in Initial-D.B16A Civic TypeR vs. AE86 drifting downhill.) I am a big fan of drifting, but still too scare to try it.
    wow someone just watched initial d, get a rear wheel drive car if you want to drift, and our cars is FF not FR, do u even know what FR means

Originally posted by SoCaLep3
    to bad we cant do the handbrake thing cus we got abs on it
    why not? the handbrake doesn't hook up with the ABS system anyways, only when u step on the brake it kicks in

i used to do a lot of handbrake drifts, even with vans, but don't try tho:D

anyhow drifting with FF is not as fun as FR so eventually i stopped doing it

i drifted and it was fun until i hit the curb and stuff.

FF drifting is hard hahahah

also somebody commented if they just had a beefy sway bar that would help....actually it would help you NOT drift....you want your rear end to be very loose

Funny because I use to have an 97' Accord "Shaggin" Wagon and would "Fake" e-brake all the time around corners. It was awesome around rain. With the EP, nah. I don't have the skills or the suspension to do it. My old RX-7 was a different story.

TexMex @ b3st
    I did a big circle around a lightpost, dropped a gear adn gassed it. That was interesting.

Originally posted by nozomi
    why not? the handbrake doesn't hook up with the ABS system anyways, only when u step on the brake it kicks in

well if you pull our ebrake on are cars it does not lock up the wheels, so you cant slide like in other cars

and there is an abs line going to are rear wheels

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information