no problem

Still Around...
    Is your mugen bar adjustable?

4u2nv
    no, just a 25mm bar

Re: starting to hate the body roll...

Originally posted by fishboy
    any tips?
    it's always going to help if you get springs and upgrade the sways. Go for comptechs rear sway/tie bar combo.
    But I have to say the stock suspension is actually pretty good for stock. But I know what ya mean. I had my suspension tweaked out on my civic ex I traded in.

stingyboy
    okay, finally got my comptech non-adjustable combo tie/sway bay on the car. first, let me say that this is the first product i've bought from comptech and the quality of the material is excellent. every piece was manufactured well and everything fits exactly as it should.

it takes only about 10 minutes to remove the 15 mm OEM sway bar from the rear. remove endlink nuts, remove 4 bolts holding sway bar to the sub-frame. step 1 finished.

you have to remove the 17mm bolts holding the Lower Control Arms to the chassis because the comptech tie bar bolts through there. to make install easier and to avoid having to remove lower shock nuts, place jackstands under the LCA's to keep them in place without the bolts. before bolting up the tie bar, though, first clean off the spray junk to get a nice clean area of contact. step 2 finished.

after that and bolting up the tie bar, you just bolt up the holding brackets, re-attach the endlinks, and torque everything down. oh yeah, don't forget the teflon tape on the new sway bar. it's a beefy 23 mm by the way. step 3 finished, that's it.

i feel good about the heavier sway bar bolting up to both the tie bar and the subframe which SHOULD prevent and subframe tears or damage. this is the reason i went with the comptech combo over other brands that just bolt on to the chassis as i've seen a couple beefy bars just rip out the subframe. don't want that.

anyway, install takes about 1.5 hours if you take your time and do everything cleanly. the bar does its job very well. the bigger sway bar definitely reduces the dreaded body roll and along with the tie bar helps to correct the car's natural understeer. going around corners now it feels like the ass end of the car is "pushing" you around the corner instead of just following meekly behind.

having the back end in order has now left me noticing a jiggly front ent which i suppose can be corrected with an upper strut bar... is there one out yet?? oh my, the never ending cycle of car improvement...

updated pics

4u2nv
    dc sports is releasing a titanium strut tower bar next month

stingyboy
    thanks for the info! happen to have a link??

what about the type-r red OEM bar? that should fit, eh? i saw it on inlinefour.com.

also, where did you find the mugen sway bar? i have a friend who really likes their stuff. thanks.

4u2nv
    i work a block away from king motorsports. i dont have a link for the bar, but i was in this monthes turbo on page 77. i havent seen the type r bar ill have to take a peek

02si
    This is a good thread
    I'm sure many a novice is learning from it.

I sure am

Does extra beef in your bar mean a harsher ride.

I would seem that the next topic of discussion should be tire options.

Originally posted by 02si
    This is a good thread
    I'm sure many a novice is learning from it.

I sure am

Does extra beef in your bar mean a harsher ride.

I would seem that the next topic of discussion should be tire options.
    no, the bigger the bar doesn't mean you'll have a harsh ride. I'm going to get that comptech sway/tie bar combo soon. I've only heard great things about it. I used to own a 97 ex with an upgraded sway and tie bar. it makes a world of a difference

02si
    Man I've just been oblivious to sway bars
    I had koni and eibach and was underwhelmed at performance on my old accord
    got the new si and though there was none greater and really no improvement to be made.
    I seriously enjoy the push from the rear that makes the car a joy to run.
    I beefier rear sway bar can make this car even greater.

Confidence is the word when you're coming up on a left hand turn at 50 plus mph engine braking to no avail because the engine is so fluid and you need to bend that corner because somebody in back of you (or in front if you need the attention) wants to be made a believer.

They'll believe...in giving up when you're climbing third gear getting on a freeway as they're just accelerarting out that same turn.

Its nice to dream a bit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information