Close

ephatch member

CTR or Progress Rear Sway Bar?

what do you guys recommend? cost there is a huge difference in cost... I can get the progress rear sway for $325 tax in (Cdn funds) and the CTR rear sway for $155 (Cdn funds as well)... they are both 22mm, but progress is solid and the CTR is hollow i believe... any suggestions/recommendations?

Just from experience, the Progress rear sway was one of my best choices for upgrades. The car handles totally different (better response and less oversteer). If you want noticeable difference in handling and can afford it, I would go with the Progress. There should be a few threads somewhere in the rate & review section on both the CTR and the Progress.

The progress will hit your aftermarket exhaust:(. I had to find a way to kepp the knock and rattle down to a minimum, so I used zip ties to stop it. its a temporary solution as they will go bad afetr a while.
    Dont have any experience with the CTR one.

u can get it at polepostion for 115 US dollars and 125 canada
    http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread....threadid=20553

Originally posted by greenguy
    The progress will hit your aftermarket exhaust:(. I had to find a way to kepp the knock and rattle down to a minimum, so I used zip ties to stop it. its a temporary solution as they will go bad afetr a while.
    Dont have any experience with the CTR one.
    ABSOLUTELY TRUE!! Sorry I forgot to mention it. I had a little modification done ("notching" the exhaust pipe where it was touching). After I installed the J's Racing engine damper, it still hits from time to time, but still not as bad as the beginning. If the CTR and the Progress are the same size, won't the results be similar with them both touching the exhaust??

i saw in a thread were a person took the hangers on a evo exhaust and they cut then bent it so it raise up a bit and no more touching.

I got the 22mm CTR sway bar @ speedstar in Markham...f'n amazing big improvement in performance...$150 I think..best bang for the buck..and very easy to install...fits OEM with no modification

shoot for 30 more dollars you can get the progress 22mm which is solid and comes with a tie bar...

soooooooo

Momma SAyS KnoCk YOu OUUuuuuUT!!!!!

ok whatever you say 1995!

anyway, JDM CTR swaybar is direct replacement with no modification, takes like 20 mins to install.
    I personally would perfer that, not to mention that it is a genuine honda part

Thread Information