Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Eibach Sportline w/ Koni Sports

Ok. . .this is my 3rd set of lowering springs. Pevious on my EP were H&R Sport & Tein S-Tech. Decided to go with a spring made specifically for the EP. Haven't gone for a test drive yet so stay tuned. Here some pics of the install.

pic
    Last edited by EP33; 09-28-2003 at 11:37 PM.

Rear Eibach = BEEFY compared to the Tein.

Eibach replacement bump stop on right. Trimmed stock 1 on left.

rear pic

You didnt like tein s tech springs? just installed mine 2 days ago. so far so good. rides really nice

Good pics, Lets see some more with everything finished and the car on the ground.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for: shocks, springs, camber kit

Is it better now then the previews springs you had, how come you switched.

Post Answers

I liked the Tein springs very much. I just didn't like how they felt with the Koni shocks turned up. . .kinda like too much shock for the spring. The Eibachs appear to be more performance oriented compared to the S-Tech. So the Eibachs should work better with the Konis, Progress front and rear sway, and Neuspeed front upper strut brace. I have taken a few long road trips on the Teins and they are great for touring. I plan on putting my EP on the drag strip, a road course, and an auto-x event one day. The Sportlines offer the performance with the same drop as the Teins. The H&R's I had were just too low. I'll be testing these out soon so I'll get back on how they compare. Total cost for my suspension so far (all listed above) is about $1225. This doesn't include the wheels and tires. That cost is all parts because I did all of the labor myself ;)

Here is a mugshot of my car in track/auto-x mode. I just had the ES100 tires installed today. So far they feel pretty good on the road. They still have the nipples on em so they must be broken in properly before.

NICEEE! are you getting rid of the H&r? also...how does it compare? and what do you mean by too low? is it cuz you autox? i was thinking of getting eibachs too but they are costly.
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Re: Answers

Originally posted by EP33
    I liked the Tein springs very much. I just didn't like how they felt with the Koni shocks turned up. . .kinda like too much shock for the spring. The Eibachs appear to be more performance oriented compared to the S-Tech. So the Eibachs should work better with the Konis, Progress front and rear sway, and Neuspeed front upper strut brace. I have taken a few long road trips on the Teins and they are great for touring. I plan on putting my EP on the drag strip, a road course, and an auto-x event one day. The Sportlines offer the performance with the same drop as the Teins. The H&R's I had were just too low. I'll be testing these out soon so I'll get back on how they compare. Total cost for my suspension so far (all listed above) is about $1225. This doesn't include the wheels and tires. That cost is all parts because I did all of the labor myself ;)

Here is a mugshot of my car in track/auto-x mode. I just had the ES100 tires installed today. So far they feel pretty good on the road. They still have the nipples on em so they must be broken in properly before.
    nice! keep us posted...

i, too, have the sportlines, progress sways, and neuspeed stb's... autox was really fun until i put -2

Wheels & stuff. . .

GLW, thanks for your input on the Eibach Sportlines. I just got back from running around and the springs feel great. IMHO, they're progressive and compliment the Konis better than Tein (too soft) & H&R (much less travel):D

The wheels are from a 02 Civic LX. They are 14" X 5" (I think the width is 5") These wheels enable my car to really put the power down. However my speedo is indicating a much higher rate than what it seems. Tires are 185 60 R14 (max pressure 44PSI).

Plaino, the H&R Sports were the first spring I purchased. They were rated at a 1.3" drop which I thought was perfect. However, once I installed them it was a 2" drop. I was not happy with that ride height and it wasn't what I wanted. So I put the Teins on. Raised the car up a bit and softened up the ride. Then I added the front&rear sways and the front strut tower brace. Then I realized I had too much performance suspension stuff for the soft Teins. So after hearing how much GLW liked the Sportlines (which I should have gotten back when they were like $160) I decided to get'em.

I can say that I am DONE performing spring R&D;)

BTW Koni rear struts have two spring mounting locations. I am using the upper mount which raises the rear just about 1/4". My car may seem higher in the rear compared to other cars with Sportlines.
    Last edited by EP33; 09-29-2003 at 10:02 PM.

oh cool....i was really just wondering why you didnt "want" the h&r just because they dropped more than you wanted? ALSO are you getting rid of them? or are they gone already? and what does "much less travel" mean?

Plaino

H&Rs are long gone sorry. H&R Sport = too low = less (wheel) travel = bottoming out = BOOTY :(

The Eibach Sportlines are rated at 1.5 inches for the rear. The H&R's are rated at 2" drop for the rear. . .Why does Eibach include new rear bump stops for a their springs that don't go as low as the H&R??? Why doesn't H&R do this??? IMHO better research and development.

Rear Eibachs are even more beefy than the H&Rs

thanks....do you think that if i drive "normally" the H&r should be okay for me?

Exclamation First time for this. .

Because the Eibach rear springs expand in between the top and bottom, I had to really force it into position on the driverside thanks to the fuel tank. This didn't happen on the two previous spring installs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information