Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Cold Blooodeeddd!!!!!

HONDATA hooo weeee

ok, so i splurged and got the hondata flash. i for one love it. the higher redline and improved throttle response is great. i do have an injen SRI and a custom 2.25" midpipe, which may help a tad, but all in all i am very pleased. its so nice to be able to play and keep the car in the upper VTEC'ed area of the rpm range. it makes the car feel more confident of itself. it really scoots now. a friend of mine whos driven 911 turbos, carreras and FI'ed cars all his life said that the car was beyond "peppy" now, which is how he used to describe my SI. i dont think that its worth the 600 dollar price tag, more like 400 bucks. but i am more than happy with the finished product. i think im gonna get some ground wires and a couple more little things and then im finished til i save up for an A2 or CTR swap in a couple years (hopefully many of you have watched PORTs video of his car rifling through gears, it made me horny). im actually looking for people to test me now.:angel:

How reliable do you think your car still is after applying Hondata?
    I am trying to get more info on this before I buy it. Thanks

every time you get a mod do you have to get the hondata ecu reflashed

also it is a whole new ecu right and the redline is 7,700 right where does v-tec come in and about how many hp's did you get with the hondata ecu

Alright, as of now there are quite a few cars with hondata , and no reliability issues that I know of.
    Secondly, the K20A3 is in vtec as of 2.2k rpms so theres no point in changing the vtec rpm as its rather low already.
    Lastly, no you dont need a reflash per mod as long as you dont go with n2o or turbo, in which case hondata will make mod specific flashes.

ports videos made me horny to. hehe

Originally posted by TomR123
    Alright, as of now there are quite a few cars with hondata , and no reliability issues that I know of.
    Secondly, the K20A3 is in vtec as of 2.2k rpms so theres no point in changing the vtec rpm as its rather low already.
    Lastly, no you dont need a reflash per mod as long as you dont go with n2o or turbo, in which case hondata will make mod specific flashes.
    Correct, I am also one of the first to have Hondata. I was a tester and my car is still running strong. I take it to 7700 or 8100 indicated on the tach daily with no problems. :D

Originally posted by ep3guy
    I take it to 7700 or 8100 indicated on the tach daily with no problems. :D
    if your still sayin that in 3 years I'll be convinced...:D just kidding I trust honda and hondata for that matter. :smilem:

Originally posted by eurosteez
    ports videos made me horny to. hehe
    well he actually has a type r (integra) motor, so that will help a lot :) more than hondata

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    well he actually has a type r (integra) motor, so that will help a lot :) more than hondata
    k20a can't handle Californias shitty gas. :sadm:

Originally posted by eurosteez
    k20a can't handle Californias shitty gas. :sadm:
    so true, I wonder how port gets away with it...not detonating the motor and all. I don't think they have anything over 93 in New Orleans,LA

Cold Blooodeeddd!!!!!

they dont

i live in austin, but im from Louisiana. they dont have anything over 93, but if you know the right people, you can get better gas at say a race shop or something. down there its the "good-ole-boy" network. or you could use like an octane boost in your tank. as far as my hondata goes, they say its better if you run high octane gas too. im thinkin if my car starts having reliability issues down the road because of this flash, then i will just go ahead and swap in a new motor. my roommate has an element, i could just rip his motor out while he's sleeping. mwaahahhahhaaaaa!!! that fuckers got some major torque.

Re: they dont

hey guys.......I'm a Hondata dealer and a user on my RSX......if I can help you out in any way, let me know

You can use 91 octane on the K20A. The computer just compensates for it, ie: less aggressive VTC. Japan uses different octane ratings than we do in the US. Their 100 octane is equavilant to like our 93-95 octane? Around there.

Originally posted by DavidT
    You can use 91 octane on the K20A. The computer just compensates for it, ie: less aggressive VTC. Japan uses different octane ratings than we do in the US. Their 100 octane is equavilant to like our 93-95 octane? Around there.
    interesting and good to know. :smilem: :smilem:

Originally posted by DavidT
    awsome

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information