Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ephatch member

Re: Re: they dont

Originally posted by jdkindle
    hey guys.......I'm a Hondata dealer and a user on my RSX......if I can help you out in any way, let me know
    You might be able to help me out. I know that the Hondata flash is $595.00US. Do you ship to Canada?

hey guys.......I'm a Hondata dealer and a user on my RSX......if I can help you out in any way, let me know
    I know I'm not the only one here on this but why is Hondata so expensive? For the price there should be some kind of warranty, at least on the ECU. Where is the good manufacturer warranty on the workmanship. Whats not to say that using Hondata is going to fry your ECU in a couple years. I'm very leery of any type of ECU upgrade, sorry for sounding like a worry wart but I'm under warranty from the dealer and my cars not paid for yet. :D

PapaBear....I responded to your PM

CivicBoost.......it is so expensive due to the R&D that has and continues to go into the K series

your stock ECU is used, so there is nothing for them to really warranty that is within their control..........

If you feel that anything goes wrong with your car that you think the dealer will give you crap abouut the ECU, you can have it reflashed to stock

reflashed to stock for how much? Hondata doesnt seem like a very generous company in my opinion, with there prices. JET isnt that expensive nor is Superchips. I know those companies specialize in domestics, but I cant see how R&D would differ in price between Import and Domestic. I just think that Hondata is trying to capitalize on the booming import market which is statistically a group of 18-25 year olds. Sorry for ragging on you, I just feel for that price we statistics should get more of an incentive for the money that has made this hobby what it is. Thanks,
    -Robert (Civicboost)

If you can sell me HONDATA for $450-500. I WILL BUY IT 2MARO.

- Jeffrey

the reflash is $50 plus shipping........or you can go to your dealer and tell them you would like to make sure you have the latest software and they will generally flash it for you for free

You have to understand that they are running a business.....unfortunatly there are far less K series motors out there than there are LS1's, Powerstrokes or anything of the likes, so the margin on each product sold must reflect that

Why is a McLaren a million dollars? Do you think that they really cost that much more than a $15-20K Honda? Not 50X more, but the development must still be done to deliver a quality product, regardless of number of units sold and the price reflects that

Doug is a very educated man and has spent large amounts of time cracking the K Series......(he even has one!)..........I assure you that the program is well worth the dough, but if you see otherwise, then so be it.

You are not ragging on me IMO, just stating a viewpoint. Im just the messenger ;)

Re: Re: Re: they dont

Originally posted by SIxtasy
    If you can sell me HONDATA for $450-500. I WILL BUY IT 2MARO.

- Jeffrey
    If I could I would......but then I would be out of pocket and Hondata would be mad at me too

My price does include overnight shipping though

If you (or anyone else) would like to discuss purchasing the product, please do it privately as I am not a paying vendor here and do not want to overstep my boundaries

Im am however available to answer any other questions here

I know you're just a messenger/don't actually represent Hondata.
    I understand the R&D costs, etc. But what I don't get is why there
    isn't a user customizeable (or staged map type deal) ECU flash/ECU
    replacement available. Maybe it's just on it's way. As I've posted
    before in other threads, you can get a WRX UTEC for just under $1000
    and it's completely user customizable. Never have to get it reflashed,
    it works with all mods, etc. So it pains to think about paying $600
    for something that you can't customize, that has only 1 set of changes,
    etc.

Yes, Doug is an intelligent guy. There was a great amount of r&d for our car. Think of all the tuning he does at Church Automotive. I believe it is around $129-160 an hour for a tuning session there. Doug even rents out the place on Tuesdays at Church Automotive I believe. The amount of r&d he does is unbelieveable.

I understand its a hard choice for EP owners, because for the same price, you get a lot less improvement than RSX-S owners do.

Bigcase, I want to test drive your car with the Vector-FX. :D

Originally posted by andy
    I know you're just a messenger/don't actually represent Hondata.
    I understand the R&D costs, etc. But what I don't get is why there
    isn't a user customizeable (or staged map type deal) ECU flash/ECU
    replacement available. Maybe it's just on it's way. As I've posted
    before in other threads, you can get a WRX UTEC for just under $1000
    and it's completely user customizable. Never have to get it reflashed,
    it works with all mods, etc. So it pains to think about paying $600
    for something that you can't customize, that has only 1 set of changes,
    etc.
    Eventually there will be a user programmable interface available, however i-vtec is tricky and he does not want to throw that out there for us to mess with yet

There are many stand-alones and piggybacks for other vehicles.......its just not time for the K series yet, but it will come and the sun will shine, the birds will sing, and we will all be much happier

.......its just not time for the K series yet, but it will come and the sun will shine, the birds will sing, and we will all be much happier
    LOL..the sun will shine indeed.........one day.:tongue:

i drive an rx7.
    so would u reccomend going for the hondata reflash or waiting for a beter program.. which is what im leaning toward..

Well, it could be a while before it is released (on the same token, it could be 1 week), but in the meantime, you have a slow car :p

If you decide to upgrade to a Hondata programmable system, I'm pretty confident previous customers will get some sort of break as they always do

P.S. CUBS WIN!

Slow compared to the RSX-S;) but nothing a little Greddy,Cybernation or Rev Hard boost cant fix.:D

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information