Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    sorry, I dont mean to post whore but does anyone know the quickest quarter mile ET of a Civic Si with Hondata/I/E/H, I'm just curious
    also some dyno numbers would be helpful

Originally posted by CIVICBOOST
    sorry, I dont mean to post whore but does anyone know the quickest quarter mile ET of a Civic Si with Hondata/I/E/H, I'm just curious
    With I/H/E and Hondata, most people are getting around 160whp to the wheels on a DynaPack dyno. So maybe 155whp on a Dynojet, which is a little more universally accepted. 1/4 times will be around 14.8-15.2 with a good driver and depending upon how much weight you take out and other factors. Not many I/H/E/Hondata owners have taken their car to the track yet (or they're not posting their times).

Search the Engine section for more specific dyno numbers. Check the At The Strip section for specific 1/4 results.

dont copy my text, fucker downhil's Avatar
    when you going to come by the shop so we can go to lunch casey? i wanna ride.

Thanks Quicksilver, I was just curious

Cold Blooodeeddd!!!!!

intense

i love these kind of threads.

Blastech - Downhil - maybe we three can get together next week sometime at daves house after work, drink a couple beers and test out the new flash. and not necessarily in that order. i have a feeling that yall are really gonna like it. i love it.

jdkindle - you field naysay with the best of them. and you are right about the research. that shit isnt cheap. plus, in my opinion, the K motors are a little more technologically advanced than an older honda engines. if any of you have been reading magazines about bolt ons and the like for our engines, no one part makes much horsepower. hell, they have thrown a grand and a half worth of intake and full exhaust into an Si and have managed a measly 8 hp. these new powerplants have been massaged by honda and those guys have managed to squeeze almost all of the available power out of them while making them super realiable. the hondata flash just makes the car run like we would have wanted it to from the factory.

and for me, personally, i love my car and dont mind spending 600 bones on something that i like. its better than putting it up my nose or in a vein right. were losing sight of the big picture here. were all car guys. we all spend ridiculous amounts of money on our loves. this just happens to be one of my loves. and besides, i sold my jet ski so i dont have that note to pay. and believe me, that 250 a month in the winter time really sucks worse than spending some coin on my car which i can use year round.

some people like it, some people dont. but until you drive an Si with this upgrade, dont say that its stupid for somebody else to spend their money on something they love. i have a sneaky feeling that if any of you punched the throttle and felt how this car wakes up with this new program, youll shut up for good.

2500 posts gone. specialblend154's Avatar
    i was thinking about getting this mod also a couple months back . i was talking with a guy at honda in fairfax and he gave me a fellows number that said he did hondadata flashes for pretty cheap and would give me a free before and after dyno. to this day i havent called him but after reading this thread i think i might have to give him a holler and see whats up. the thought of 8200k 10 hp and all the other goodies has got me cravin. are there honda data mechanics at most honda dealerships or are they hard to come by????

Originally posted by ep3guy
    Correct, I am also one of the first to have Hondata. I was a tester and my car is still running strong. I take it to 7700 or 8100 indicated on the tach daily with no problems. :D
    same here, i had hondatat installed at 750 miles on the car, still kinda brand new!!! i took it to the races at 1200 miles and now i have 9000 miles still runnin strong, i redline my car every day, i think it is good for it!

i only hgave hondata and AEM CAI and my fastest time was 15.6 1/4 mile but it was like 100 degrees out or plus but any way i think i could hit low 15's easily if i get a perfect launch and good weather!!!!

OH and i only had 1200 miles on it, for some reason my car feels a whole lot faster at 9000miles, I have to go back to the track and find out!!!!!

Originally posted by Quicksilver
    With I/H/E and Hondata, most people are getting around 160whp to the wheels on a DynaPack dyno. So maybe 155whp on a Dynojet, which is a little more universally accepted. 1/4 times will be around 14.8-15.2 with a good driver and depending upon how much weight you take out and other factors. Not many I/H/E/Hondata owners have taken their car to the track yet (or they're not posting their times).

Search the Engine section for more specific dyno numbers. Check the At The Strip section for specific 1/4 results.
    I THINK EVERY CAR IS DIFFERENT, I THINK ITS LIKE 170 TO THE WHEELS OR MORE WITH I/H/E AND HONDATA!

Originally posted by MasterVTEC
    I THINK EVERY CAR IS DIFFERENT, I THINK ITS LIKE 170 TO THE WHEELS OR MORE WITH I/H/E AND HONDATA!
    LOL! I don't think so, show me one K20A3 with i/h/e and hondata that puts down 170 to the wheels. I've seen dynos and they put 155-160 max on dynojets

Im up for a test-drive any night that its not raining! Plenty of beers on hand, too.

Originally posted by MasterVTEC
    yeah. 170whp is kinda impossible... also like someone else said..
    if hondata was $400-500. i'd buy it tomorrow as well.. 600 + tax + s/h is kinda pricy.

Originally posted by civic hatch boi
    yeah. 170whp is kinda impossible... also like someone else said..
    if hondata was $400-500. i'd buy it tomorrow as well.. 600 + tax + s/h is kinda pricy.
    170whp most definetly IS possible, us EP3 owners just need to give the aftermarket some time to test and develop new products. Since most of the existing aftermarket for Honda/Acura is designed for the B and H series motors. They say Rome wasnt built in a day and the same analogy can be applied to aftermarket performance.

170whp most definetly IS possible, us EP3 owners just need to give the aftermarket some time to test and develop new products. Since most of the existing aftermarket for Honda/Acura is designed for the B and H series motors. They say Rome wasnt built in a day and the same analogy can be applied to aftermarket performance.
    To be honest, I doubt we will see much of anything NA related. Look at toda, they have a ton of shit for the K20A and K202. Nothin for us. Skunk's project...we'll lets just put it this way, they're so tired of messing with the k20a3, they are going to toss that engine out and throw a K24 in.

i drive an rx7.
    yes u are completely right. the k series is pretty new and most companies are just now BEGINNING to get this whole "i-vtec" thing. as for hondata, id rather wait for prices to drop or for them to research more the k series ecu

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information